Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I can tell this is all rushed, if you unzip the files you will notice the last modified date for most is just few hours old. The game saves are actually the oldest in today's date (but still in matter of hours), while the textfile that it has seems written and modified at the very end (with new release info) and zipped up to be shared with sites (including the GW site), so that means the GW site manager copy/pasted from that text file and updated the site accordingly.

Reactions: Codename

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can tell this is all rushed, if you unzip the files you will notice the last modified date for most is just few hours old. The textfile that it has seems written and modified at the very end (with new release info) and zipped up to be shared with sites (including the GW site), so that means the GW site manager copy/pasted from that text file and updated the site accordingly.

Yes, I don't know why, but I have the feeling that the news message looks even "rhetorically" rushed...

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I don't know why, but I have the feeling that the news message looks even "rhetorically" rushed...
Yeah, but seems that they did spend time in writing it with proper grammer and stuff (hence makes sense by reading once).

It is quite strange how this 'teamwork' reminds me similar to a fansubbing team handles their fast release lol :P
(eg. Translator gives the script to Editor, then editor passes it for Typesetting, QC, etc
Translator = 'hacker/exploit finder/coder' in this case
Editor = 'obfuscator' maybe?
Typesetting, QC = 'polishing stuff' for release)

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c4b152c9d2.png

GW, your ROP is showing... you can tell they totally rushed the fuck out of this.

So this is now extremely easy to decrypt or whatever?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the first post says you don't need more testers, but I've got a copy of Japanese OoT 3D on the way (will be here Saturday, thanks to Amazon), and a Japanese New 3DS LL on 8.1.0-0J, so if you happen to need someone with this specific setup, you can shoot a message my way if you wish.
where on amazon did you get japanese ocarina of time?

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They use the same ROP as KARL?

I mean, if you have an access, it shouldn't change so much if it's on cubic ninja or in ocarina, right?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
where on amazon did you get japanese ocarina of time?

I typed in Ocarina of time 3D Japan Import and chose the vendor "The calm sea Japan", since it had Fulfillment by Amazon (meaning it ships from the US). They're sold out of them now, unfortunately. When I purchased mine, they had 3 in stock (so two after I bought mine).

Edit: Getting back on topic, it's pretty funny that gateway left their ROP so easily available. I'm not really that great with reverse-engineering, but is that hex screenshot all in "plain text"? As in, have they not even bothered to obfuscate it this time?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I typed in Ocarina of time 3D Japan Import and chose the vendor "The calm sea Japan", since it had Fulfillment by Amazon (meaning it ships from the US). They're sold out of them now, unfortunately. When I purchased mine, they had 3 in stock (so two after I bought mine).
thanks i found it
for anyone else looking here's the link www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K6L0EK/
my problem was i'ts not called The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D in japan
it's called Zelda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina 3D

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to start any piracy flamewars but would it be possible to install SaveDataFiler? It would be neat to use other people's saves.

I think they said they would use an alternative app for that, but I dunno. Might've been a rumor, so I can't confirm nor deny that they are really gonna do it.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. They have no plans on allowing leaked sdk tools to be installed
I'm surprised that no one has made a legal homebrew for this yet. (Like BRM was for devmenu)

Basically this, however with access to all permissions making a homebrew equivalent is definitely possible.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First let me congratulate the devs on all their success so far and thanks for your hard work! It truly is inspiring.

Again, we'll more than likely port to oot3d too. That allows us to easily support New3DS 8.1, too. Also I won't continue slowly losing my mind from hearing the same bits of cubic ninja music over and over and over.

Given today's turn of events, does the release of OOT3D as an entry point mean work will still be completed using Cubic Ninja as an entry point for 8.1.0-0J systems with KARL3DS? I just purchased a Japanese copy of Cubic Ninja last night in anticipation, but I only have a US copy of OOT3D, so that doesn't help me much at the moment.

Furthermore, I wanted to offer one more insight I had about System Transfer with a region changed system (and please correct me if I'm mistaken). Even though SecureInfo_A/B files share formats between New/Old 3DS systems, wouldn't you still need a donor system of the target region to do a region change and a system transfer? For example, if I have these 3 systems:

1. US Old 3DS
2. US New 3DS XL
3. Japanese New 3DS

If I change the region on the Japanese New 3DS (3) to US using the SecureInfo_A file from the US Old 3DS (1), I wouldn't be able to then System Transfer from system 1 to 3 because system 3 now looks like system 1 to Nintendo, and I assume their network would go crazy about trying to do a System Transfer to the same serial number. Given this, wouldn't you still need a donor system (2) from the target region so you could do a system transfer (from system 1 to system 2's SecureInfo_A serial on target system 3)? I hope that wasn't too confusing... :wacko:

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
First let me congratulate the devs on all their success so far and thanks for your hard work! It truly is inspiring.

Given today's turn of events, does the release of OOT3D as an entry point mean work will still be completed using Cubic Ninja as an entry point for 8.1.0-0J systems with KARL3DS? I just purchased a Japanese copy of Cubic Ninja last night in anticipation, but I only have a US copy of OOT3D, so that doesn't help me much at the moment.

Furthermore, I wanted to offer one more insight I had about System Transfer with a region changed system (and please correct me if I'm mistaken). Even though SecureInfo_A/B files share formats between New/Old 3DS systems, wouldn't you still need a donor system of the target region to do a region change and a system transfer? For example, if I have these 3 systems:

1. US Old 3DS
2. US New 3DS XL
3. Japanese New 3DS

If I change the region on the Japanese New 3DS (3) to US using the SecureInfo_A file from the US Old 3DS (1), I wouldn't be able to then System Transfer from system 1 to 3 because system 3 now looks like system 1 to Nintendo, and I assume their network would go crazy about trying to do a System Transfer to the same serial number. Given this, wouldn't you still need a donor system (2) from the target region so you could do a system transfer (from system 1 to system 2's SecureInfo_A serial on target system 3)? I hope that wasn't too confusing... :wacko:

when we have nand decryption working on n3ds, you won't even need to do a system transfer, because you can just do it 'manually' yourself.
i'm not sure about system transferring to the same console serial... who will test first? :)

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when we have nand decryption working on n3ds, you won't even need to do a system transfer, because you can just do it 'manually' yourself.
i'm not sure about system transferring to the same console serial... who will test first? :)
Presumably, this would not allow access to the eshop though, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: