ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I word this properly?
It was only in Chapter 4 where this occurred. Most of the dialog (I talked with her during battle but I kinda got into the habit of skipping conversations and accidentally skipped it) was Nyx, but anything battle related Sakura. Basically, it was a standard Chapter 4 playthrough, but with Nyx taking over the dialog during cutscenes and and she replaced Sakura in the scene where Hinoka hugs you. The in-battle sprite, the healing animations, and voices during battle were Sakura.

I wonder how this works for the children. Would it still be the same as the first gen units? Or would their stuff change based on their parents?
I must have the wrong ID set up for Sakura in chapter 4. It's odd though, she switched without for me during testing.
Children don't have any sort of randomization right now, so Shiro still goes with Ryoma, Forrest still goes with Leo, etc. I'd like to add in something to completely randomize children as well, but there are some additional challenges to deal with there.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you were to randomize children you should just randomize who their set parent is.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you were to randomize children you should just randomize who their set parent is.
That was the plan, but if you make a different character the parent you'd need a new parent/child support to go with it, otherwise you'd end up with textless supports.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the plan, but if you make a different character the parent you'd need a new parent/child support to go with it, otherwise you'd end up with textless supports.
You'd also need to change the settings for their prologue as to who getting married unlocked the prologue.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
This sounds great! I'm going to try it sometime soon. I hope it works with the fan translated jp version!
It's really great because everything would be different everytime you start over, so it's never boring. Nice!!

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds great! I'm going to try it sometime soon. I hope it works with the fan translated jp version!
It's really great because everything would be different everytime you start over, so it's never boring. Nice!!
Depending on how it's setup, it might change the names to the official noa names and you'd need to change the language folder's name for the program to work most likely.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to do this, but I can't find castle_join.bin.lz
These are the files I have in the Castle folder from my romfs:

Butler.bin.lz
DiningData.bin.lz
Seq_DiningCooking.bin
Seq_JailPrevail.bin

I play the Japanese fan-translated version. What should I do? I'd appreciate it if someone could reply asap! Thank you!

EDIT: NEVERMIND!!! I thought I had to look inside the Castle folder inside the GameData folder... i actually found it, sorry!

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It tells me it can't find Join.txt even though it's in the m folder...?
(also, sorry for double posting!)
Organize them under m/@E. I haven't set things up to handle other languages yet, so you'll need to organize the text like it would be in the US version.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Organize them under m/@E. I haven't set things up to handle other languages yet, so you'll need to organize the text like it would be in the US version.
Ahh of course, I didn't think about it!! Thank you! Now it tells me it can't find C007.bin .... do i have to make other changes to folder names?

EDIT: actually, I literally can't find any file named like that in the storage folder...
EDIT: apparently there IS a file named C007.bin in my ROM files but it's in map > config , so it's not among the folders

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh of course, I didn't think about it!! Thank you! Now it tells me it can't find C007.bin .... do i have to make other changes to folder names?

EDIT: actually, I literally can't find any file named like that im my ROM files...
Which game cart did you dump from? If you dumped from the special edition it should be organized under a C folder like the Birthright/Conquest files are located under A and B folders. If you're not using the special edition, then it's going to be a bit tougher to modify Revelation maps since they're stored as DLC.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Which game cart did you dump from? If you dumped from the special edition it should be organized under a C folder like the Birthright/Conquest files are located under A and B folders. If you're not using the special edition, then it's going to be a bit tougher to modify Revelation maps since they're stored as DLC.
I... do have the japanese special edition. So I don't know why it didn't dump that folder...? I have no C folder for some reason

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan special edition has the c folder in dlc only unfortunately, @Ningyoplug you would have to decrypt the 3rd path dlc and repackage it.

Reactions: Ningyoplug

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it since the randomizer messes with the GameData.bin, the Gay Fates hack is incompatible?

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it since the randomizer messes with the GameData.bin, the Gay Fates hack is incompatible?
It should work as the randomizer doesn't touch the support table, but I haven't checked personally if it does work.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
It's not easy, but this is a good place to start.
Agh, I can't use ctrtool right now, since i'm on a 32bit windows computer... (my mum's computer. im on holiday so i dont have my computer rn)
Is there any alternative to ctrtool? I tried with HackingToolkit3DS but it won't work since it's a DLC .cia file and not a "normal" .cia file...

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agh, I can't use ctrtool right now, since i'm on a 32bit windows computer... (my mum's computer. im on holiday so i dont have my computer rn)
Is there any alternative to ctrtool? I tried with HackingToolkit3DS but it won't work since it's a DLC .cia file and not a "normal" .cia file...
Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested it, but I set things up so that the randomizer should be compatible with anything else, even hacks that modify GameData.bin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme