Homebrew Windows 95 on N3DS

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can load Img's, they just have to be mounted by using a .bat file. Which is why you use win95.bat instead of starting the win95.img. For instance if you have POP1 (Prince of persia) you just use the Retroarch browser to select the .exe. But if it were a .img you would have to create a .bat file.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I did call it W95.IMG.exe but, it didn't load... then I take off the exe, and it can't load disk image files... :cry:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how about a fucking tutorial!!!!

Free download hosting sites trick fools into downloading their malware downloaders by naming it after the file the user wants, but appending .exe to it so it's still executable.

Pretty sure you've downloaded a bogus file, don't run it, delete it now and look again for a legit download button. Not an 'adchoice' button.

Reactions: ihaveahax

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
So my original question, is there an on screen keyboard for this?
It's just RetroArch, so no. You're controlling DOS/Windows with whatever buttons you can manage to map in RetroArch's input mapping screen. Even then, input seems a bit iffy, some software behaves as if up+left are being held constantly. It's an interesting proof of concept, but you won't have much fun yet.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
scr_91_TOP_LEFT.png
A new problem is on the horizon.... please help me defeat it!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

scr_91_TOP_LEFT.png
A new problem is on the horizon.... please help me defeat it!
or a better question is: how can I make the A button the enter button?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Nice job. You might want to submit your changes as a pull request to the dosbox-libretro repository, see if you can get it added to the official nightly builds.
I think he'd be better off waiting until he can see why it doesn't boot on O3DS systems. It works on N3DS, but O3DS just completely dies, unfortunately. I think a requirement of the nightly builds is that it works on both systems regardless of performance.

Reactions: Games&Stuff
D

Deleted User

I think he'd be better off waiting until he can see why it doesn't boot on O3DS systems. It works on N3DS, but O3DS just completely dies, unfortunately. I think a requirement of the nightly builds is that it works on both systems regardless of performance.
From what I've heard, some of the nightlies don't work on either system right now. :P

However, it does make sense to see why it doesn't work on O3DS first, I suppose.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, some of the nightlies don't work on either system right now. :P

However, it does make sense to see why it doesn't work on O3DS first, I suppose.
if you're talking about the "No Core" issue, that was solved some time ago. other than that, it's been working fine on my systems so far.

loco365

Trophies
XP
if you're talking about the "No Core" issue, that was solved some time ago. other than that, it's been working fine on my systems so far.
Nah, it just doesn't boot at all. Nothing is printed to the screen, it just blackscreens, or if it's the 3dsx, it just has garbage on the screen and nothing happens.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, it just doesn't boot at all. Nothing is printed to the screen, it just blackscreens, or if it's the 3dsx, it just has garbage on the screen and nothing happens.
that's weird...I've not gotten that issue unless it happened within the past day or so. I use the .3dsx on new, and .cia on old

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto