Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm trying to get my Wind Waker to launch, but I am stuck on a black screen upon booting. I can hear the game music and if I have input set up, and I get a second flash of the in game menu movie but that's about it before it gets stuck on a black screen. I'm not sure if this can be shared here (?) but I believe I am using the correct common Wii U key as well as the correct game title key for Wind Waker HD.

My setup is Intel for the Processor and AMD for my video card. Oh, and I have 14gb of ram and am using Windows 7 with the latest Cemu release (1.7.0).

Thank you for reading, and for any help. :)

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry about that!

Yes, I am using the latest driver. I tried a rollback to two others, but it did not help. Oh, and my AMD card is R9 280. :)

Oh, and something to update with:

If I hold "TAB" down, I get the game image to appear. And if I press CTRL+TAB in game it gets turned on permanently, however it is the "gamepad" screen (pause menu) making play impossible.

Last edited by Molhel,

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've still got this problem. :( if anyone knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate the answer. :)

EDIT

Nevermind. Out of desperation, I uninstalled everything that has an overlay to it because disabling it did not help. The list was:

• MSI After Burner + the services it comes with
  • TRIXX
  • (other OC software)
  • OBS
  • D3Dgear
  • Apple software (meant to uninstall that anyways)
  • Play.tv (it comes with Radeon drivers now)
Afterward I ran CCleaner, scanned, ran it and then re-opened the emulator and the image displayed just fine! If anyone else has this problem, start with your FPS monitoring software and OC software + Play.tv.

If a mod or something could please edit the title with [SOLVED] at the end that'd be great. :)

Last edited by Molhel,

tickwhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to uninstall anything, just disable any fps counter and exit the applications that show them.
for instance i only needed to exit msi afterburner and riva tuner to get everything running perfectly. [SOLVED]

Last edited by tickwhack,

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to uninstall anything, just disable any fps counter and exit the applications that show them.
for instance i only needed to exit msi afterburner and riva tuner to get everything running perfectly. [SOLVED]

For me, disabling it would not help. I had to actually uninstall the programs. I know it works for others, but I think I had a bad combo of programs that interfered with the process.

gareee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used citra to run windwaker hd, and I found I had to turn off automatic region detection. (I *think* I set it manually as US, but I may have set it to Euro)

Does it run better on Cemu than Citra? (Citra seemed to play it perfectly, and launching it with steam and steam's big screen controller support let me map my DS4 to citra properly.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3