Hardware Will you buy a 2nd Wiiu?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As the topic title says...
As a spare? Now that 5.5.2 removed our entry point for homebrew and now still is the time to find and buy a 5.5.1 or lower.one?

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Since Nintedo updated after the console was dead, most consoles have 5.5.0X i guess.
Still, I would buy one for hacking. i always wanted hack a Wii U and make homebrew.
But since i'm translating a game, i cannot. lol

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by moops44,

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know the production has stopped... did I say somewhere buying a NEW Wiiu :-)
It is just that the Wiiu is the last console capable of playing almost the complete ninty catalogue (if you hack and pirate a bit) and if my wiiu breaks down from like a powersurge, nand corruption (which can happen) or whatever, I then have to find a 5.5.1 console.

Being that Job Public just isn't aware that ninty upgraded their consoles last week, chances are that future offerings of wiiu's on online marketplaces will be 5.5.2.
Over here game stores and cash-converters will check the wiius they receive, erase them complete and in the process upgrade them.

in other words: unless of course 5.5.2 is hacked, finding a 5.5.1 in the future could be either difficult or pricey (if seller knows what he has)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To autoupdate, the console must not only be powered on/in spotpass standby while having a network connection configured, but also be connected to power... so most WiiUs in the world are safe :3

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Coldboot Haxchi, so I can still access homebrew and CFW on 5.5.2. No need for me to buy a 2nd one haha.

For those who didn't have Haxchi already set up, I'm sure another entrypoint will be found at some point.

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had Coldboot Haxchi, so I can still access homebrew and CFW on 5.5.2. No need for me to buy a 2nd one haha.

For those who didn't have Haxchi already set up, I'm sure another entrypoint will be found at some point.

That was not the point of my question..... *sigh* never mind....

My current wiiu 32Gb is also Haxchi-ed and still on 5.5.1..... personally If I can find a wiiu (could even be a console only or a 8Gb) for the right price I will buy it as a spare.

Dara27

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm also debating on this. It's either getting a used Wii U and hoping the firmware is fine or getting emulators such Cetra and Dolphin (with Mayflash sensor bar and Gamecube adaptor) on a Nvidia Shield. But the second option might not have all playable games but will mean less stuffs around and more organised..

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps I've been lucky, but I've never had one console break down on me, from Sega mega drive on up. My original PS2 stopped reading disks but cleaning the lens sorted that, that's the worst issue I've come across. If my Wii u does break, I'll be happy to just move on, I still feel I made the wrong decision even buying one.

LordOrwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just checked on ebay, and there are console-only sales going on right now where if they list the firmware at all, it's 5.5.2u. If 5.5.1 is listed in the title, it's twice the cost it was two weeks ago. I'm interested in getting a 2nd console for my bedroom. I have a wii in there now and the system has quit reading discs. It doesn't really matter that much as i only use it for gamecube games off of a thumbstick but there you go.

Last edited by LordOrwell,

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be buying a second wii U. A white one to put in my wii U kiosk.... If i can get a cheap wii U kiosk unit id be great.... The kiosk i have i was not able to get the console. gamestop said nintendo wanted it. The rest of the kiosk i got....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj