shasta588

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
according to this news story updating to 4.2 will remove all homebrew from my wii and I need to unsoftmod my wii but I just wanted to make sure updating would remove everything and not brick my wii. thanks for the help.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
as long as u don't have a region changed wii, updating via ninty is safe

an official ninty update will virginize your wii except for the following (if applicable/installed):

-darkcorp (aka cioscorp)
-cIOS202,222,223,224 v5 (v4 will be virginized/stubbed during update)
-cIOS250
-if bootmii is installed as boot2, and the boot2 version is already at the latest rev (boot2v4), then bootmii will NOT be removed when doing an official ninty update
-if u have a fakesigned cIOS36v3351, it will not be updated to the official non-fakesigned version
-if u have a patched IOS70, it will not be updated to the official non-fakesigned version
-new "JODI" Homebrew Channel v1.06

if some of the above apply to u and u want to virginize the above items, before updating u will need to run the darkcorp un-installer, delete IOS202,222,223,224,250, launch the hackmii installer and uninstall the homebrew channel and bootmii as boot2 (not recommended), install a non-fakesigned IOS36 and IOS70 using wad manager (any non-stubbed non-fakesigned IOS can be used to install any non-fakesigned IOS)

shasta588

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

an official ninty update will virginize your wii except for the following (if applicable/installed):

-darkcorp (aka cioscorp)
-cIOS250
-if bootmii is installed as boot2, and the boot2 version is already at the latest rev (boot2v4), then bootmii will NOT be removed when doing an official ninty update
-if u have a fakesigned cIOS36v3351, it will not be updated to the official non-fakesigned version
-if u have a patched IOS70, it will not be updated to the official non-fakesigned version

if some of the above apply to u and u want to virginize the above items, before updating u will need to run the darkcorp un-installer, delete IOS202,222,223,224,250, launch the hackmii installer and uninstall the homebrew channel and bootmii as boot2 (not recommended), install a non-fakesigned IOS36 and IOS70 using wad manager (any non-stubbed non-fakesigned IOS can be used to install any non-fakesigned IOS)
how do I tell if I have these installed? (sorry if this is a stupid question but it's been at lest a year since I touched my wii for anything relating to homebrew)

shasta588

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
shasta588 said:
XFlak said:

-darkcorp (aka cioscorp)
-cIOS250

how do I tell if I have these installed? (sorry if this is a stupid question but it's been at lest a year since I touched my wii for anything relating to homebrew)
Make it easy for us and yourself, Just do an official online update and then follow the guide in the sticky for softmaodding ANY wii, and then you'll be all set.
I'm not trying to softmod I'm trying to unsoftmod

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shasta588 said:
XFlak said:

-darkcorp (aka cioscorp)
-cIOS250

run syscheck a homebrew app to show your IOS/cIOS
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol