Hacking Will the xbox one ever be hacked?

So

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

I'll say eventually down the road maybe 3-5 years from now someone will come up with some way to play backups. But I got rid of mine when I got a gaming PC because all the same games are on PC and hackable right now.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"ever" is a really long time lol so yes, but honestly I think Dev Mode and Gamepass are going to continue to severely slow the demand/desire to hack it. Plus another major reason to mod/hack a console back in the day was video player apps like Kodi etc, nowadays every thing under the sun plays streaming 4k bundled with your TV or a cheap Fire stick etc.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't think so.

Microsoft tidied up their mistakes with the 360. Unsigned code, MS dropped one clanger on the 360 with the hypervisor exploit, never to be repeated in the 360's lifetime. Backups, drive was a weakness but lessons were learnt and that was closed up to the point you had to rgh the later consoles to get the key.

Winchester still unhacked (unless you count a cpu swap as "hack"). Just don't see the Xbox one falling.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
The biggest problem is there isn't alot of R&D in the xbox one scene, its not easy at all

This was the free60 group; back when jtag went public

Devmode is essentially m$ version of otheros

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lol make a 360 worm to make a giant crypto mining botnet

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need some sort of softmod otherwise when the servers shutdown the cmos battery brick will happen to all consoles unless microsoft patches the firmware which it seems like neither sony or Microsoft intend to ...it also seems like this issue is by design

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think there is no point in hacking it, games are cheap (in different regions for example Brazil), we have gamepass where some AAA games are included, and dev mode is available to play emulators. Microsoft made some clever moves in this generation.

I belive that hacking scene will focus on Xbox Series, rather than old Xbox One.

Last edited by Rafciu,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
We need some sort of softmod otherwise when the servers shutdown the cmos battery brick will happen to all consoles unless microsoft patches the firmware which it seems like neither sony or Microsoft intend to ...it also seems like this issue is by design

Xbox one doesn't have a CMOS battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc