Hacking Question Will the SX-lite modchip support Atmosphere?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,589
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted User

OP
I intend to use Atmosphere because it supports sys-modules which allows for overclocking.

Diskun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I wouldn't say a definite no.

It really depends on SciresM or anyone with a SX Core/Lite and the knowledge to fork Atmosphere and make it work with the modchip.

TX has already stated that you don't need to use SX OS exclusively, although right now it's the only option until someone else ports a different CFW for SX.

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
Not yet, Atmosphere has yet to be updated for the exploit that is being used.
But once that happens, there should be no reason to not being able to use AMS with a modchip.

Reactions: logandzwon

Clovus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you change the payload the SX Core/Lite injects? I assumed it just came with SX loader installed and you wouldn't be able to change that. I know you can launch third party payloads from the SX Loader's Options section but I just get a black screen when attempting to load fuse or hekate that way.

Diskun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you change the payload the SX Core/Lite injects? I assumed it just came with SX loader installed and you wouldn't be able to change that. I know you can launch third party payloads from the SX Loader's Options section but I just get a black screen when attempting to load fuse or hekate that way.
TX is not preventing you to run whatever you want, so in theory, what I heard is that you can change payloads, but they need to be compiled for Mariko/Lite consoles equipped with SX. And most of them aren't. So the answer would be: not yet. Maybe if devs get their hands on modded consoles and want to make their software work with SX.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Clovus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX is not preventing you to run whatever you want, so in theory, what I heard is that you can change payloads, but they need to be compiled for Mariko/Lite consoles equipped with SX. And most of them aren't. So the answer would be: not yet. Maybe if devs get their hands on modded consoles and want to make their software work with SX.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They seem to prevent you from loading fuse or hekate from the SX loader. But I guess if Atmosphere or Hekate creates a version that can be loaded via a boot.dat file then perhaps it would work.

Clovus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you just put the SX Gear boot.dat file on the root of SD Card with Hekate renamed to payload.bin? Shouldn't that result in the Switch booting into Hekate from where we can then boot into Atmosphere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see future tap to pair options like you hold it over a scanner and it just automatically pairs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No need for additional cords buttons or anything
    Hmmm yeah that is possible BT has an address like an IP
    Scan a QR code on your phone open a page with the controller and a QR code for the device, hit go and done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One less latency issue for radio frequency
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even wifi pair opening just an app to sign is nice
    Yeah it could be hosted on the phone hmmm it's an idea Ken
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But could be bad for people with lower speeds but how many mbs would it really need to detect a button press
    Nearly nothing
    Most of it BT used
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's how I pair with uremum, I wave a $5 bill across her face, and instant link.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, lol