Gaming Will Pokemon X and Y Require to update?

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Super Card DSTWO but curious when x and y are here will they require a update as soon as you play? Or is there update available for it already? my fw is 4.5.0-10u
should I just update to the latest? What do you think?

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Super Card DSTWO but curious when x and y are here will they require a update as soon as you play? Or is there update available for it already? my fw is 4.5.0-10u
You can't play 3DS games on DSTwo. Just update the DSTwo FIRST then update your 3DS.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
First of all Pokemon XY is a 3DS game.
DSTWO can't run 3DS games, only Gateway 3DS can.
Its 80 $ and it supports fimrware 4.1-4.5, so if you want to play 3DS games get the gateway and don't update ur 3DS.
And Pokemon won't be possible to pirate for a while, its 100% pirated protected so the gateway team needs to crack the protection first which is gonna take a while.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First of all Pokemon XY is a 3DS game.
DSTWO can't run 3DS games, only Gateway 3DS can.
Its 80 $ and it supports fimrware 4.1-4.5, so if you want to play 3DS games get the gateway and don't update ur 3DS.
And Pokemon won't be possible to pirate for a while, its 100% pirated protected so the gateway team needs to crack the protection first which is gonna take a while.
Source? Is the game already dumped? and it REALLY HAS AP protecion? o.O, my Aruceus desu... the scene battle has begun.

Niksy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to be pretty stupid and/or naive to think that Pokemon X/Y will not have an update. Of course it will, unless Nintendo are that stupid.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep thinking these games have already come out, what with all the activity on this particular section of the forum relating to Pokemon.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Of course there will be AP,it's not like NDS where it takes a few hours to get a patch for AP,in this case it could take days/weeks,which will force a lot of people to buy the game rather than wait for AP patch which even if released won't let them play online which is what Pokemon is all about.

MrAnalysis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if its not AP patched, and it does work on gateway you can't play it online and wont be able to use pokebank anyway so it would be pointless. You will end up playing on your Todd unable to trade online and stuff you won't really be playing the game at its best.

If you plan on buying the game and already have a gateway 3ds but want to use your 4.5 3DS to play games with gateway and still run retail pokemon then you are out of luck. No one is sure at the moment but its near enough 100% that you will be FORCED TO UPDATE from 4.5 to a higher firmware. This would make the gateway 3ds unusable unless the get it working on higher firmware.

So in short, If you have a gateway 3ds and want to run pokemon x or y retail on the same DS you wont be able to you will get forced to update and the gateway will no longer work.

Your only hope is gateway manage to make an online mode and make it work with new firmware. Oh and also that they crack any AP pokemon has. Not gonna happen anytime soon far to many If's, Buts and whens.

Sell the gateway 3ds and play pokemon x and y legit or don't play pokemon. Oh i guess buy a second 3ds for it?

If its just Pokemon X and Y LEGIT you want and still want to run games from DSTwo / R4 in DS mode then this is possible if the DSTWO / R4 works on the same firmware Pokemon X or Y is on. Since it has shipped and was compiled / Places onto cards over a month ago you can guess firmware will be at 6.1 or less. So if the DStwo or R4 is working on that firmware you have nothing to worry about. Only worry when the DStwo/R4 stop making updates to allow it to run on new firmware.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, to 6.1.0... DSTwo is compatible with all firmware :)

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys all misunderstood, I'm not talking about running x and y on my supercard. I'm talking about a update for the 3DS to play x and y, a required software update. Just how the wii requires updates for new games or did.
Curious, because when I get it i'll be in the mall with my girlfriend so I would like to know if there is a update already so I can update it and play it as soon as I get it or if it requires one so then I don't have to get excited for nothing and just wait till we get back to her house.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
You guys all misunderstood, I'm not talking about running x and y on my supercard. I'm talking about a update for the 3DS to play x and y, a required software update. Just how the wii requires updates for new games or did.
Curious, because when I get it i'll be in the mall with my girlfriend so I would like to know if there is a update already so I can update it and play it as soon as I get it or if it requires one so then I don't have to get excited for nothing and just wait till we get back to her house.
It is included on the card and will update before you play. It will probably be v6.1-v6.2, so you likely won't even have to update if you're already up-to-date on 6.3. You will be able to play at the mall in any case.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just make sure the Supercard is updated and you'll be fine. The latest 3DS firmware is supported by the DS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show