Homebrew Will pasta EVER work on NH 2.0?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,962
  • Replies 19
D

Deleted User

OP
I know NH 2.0 just came out, but if smea releases the full source code, will it be possible to load backups?
Hopefully.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
NO. NO. NO! The new Ninjhax, simply gets the permissions from the Home Menu. Yls8 had even stated that ever since 9.3+, the system has been considered "air tight" and that most of the exploits have been patched.

If you're running Ninjhax 2.0, on FW 9.2 then MAYBE - I dunno. 9.3+, is a big fat NO!

Please do some research, if you haven't done so already: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws

Reactions: scorpiotaisho

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not into piracy either. When it comes to the emulators for older games, I like to rip from my own cartridges when I can. Downloaded roms can have the possibility of being vandalized from their original form, but I'll do so if necessary.

If ARM9 gets exploited for the latest firmware again, all I want is an American Emunand with eShop always working that my European N3DS will always boot straight into. That wasn't even perfectly achieved back on the earlier FW, so I'm not getting my hopes up. RegionFOUR is more than enough for me.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I know NH 2.0 just came out, but if smea releases the full source code, will it be possible to load backups?
Hopefully.
Information never hurts but nh2 source will likely have no effect on piracy research on > 9.2. Maybe there's something in the source that can cause a light bulb to go off in a talented/motivated dev, but that's wishful thinking since the nh2 exploits are all userland and likely won't benefit arm9 exploit research.

Homebrew runability on latest firmware could increase the # of devs that can conduct arm9 vuln research, and that's probably more useful than nh2's source code.
Everything's speculation at this point.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
NO. NO. NO! The new Ninjhax, simply gets the permissions from the Home Menu. Yls8 had even stated that ever since 9.3+, the system has been considered "air tight" and that most of the exploits have been patched.

If you're running Ninjhax 2.0, on FW 9.2 then MAYBE - I dunno. 9.3+, is a big fat NO!

Please do some research, if you haven't done so already: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws
Thats what they said obout 4.5+

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO. NO. NO! ----snip----

Remeber me @Nintendo Fanboy ? Lol.

But THIS isn't entirely true. When a kernal exploit is found for 9.3 and up, then absolutley.

But honestly @Nintendo Fanboy . If you want that so bad, then buy a 9.2 or below 3DS. Pretty much all brand-new 2DS's, 3DS's, and 3DS XL's will have that firmware. Or if you really can't or don't want to spend at least $100, buy a SKY3DS for around 70-80. You can use the cart for piracy which is better then a CFW because there is no need to convert the .3DS files into those pesky CIA's. And you can use the Cubic Ninja ROM to run Ninjhax 2.0 for homebrew on firmwares above 9.2.

D

Deleted User

OP
Remeber me @Nintendo Fanboy ? Lol.

But THIS isn't entirely true. When a kernal exploit is found for 9.3 and up, then absolutley.

But honestly @Nintendo Fanboy . If you want that so bad, then buy a 9.2 or below 3DS. Pretty much all brand-new 2DS's, 3DS's, and 3DS XL's will have that firmware. Or if you really can't or don't want to spend at least $100, buy a SKY3DS for around 70-80. You can use the cart for piracy which is better then a CFW because there is no need to convert the .3DS files into those pesky CIA's. And you can use the Cubic Ninja ROM to run Ninjhax 2.0 for homebrew on firmwares above 9.2.
Yeah!!

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vote is yes, at some point in the future pasta (or something similar) will end up on 9.3+. The caveat here is when. Throwing my best educated guess out there, I'll say not anytime within the next six months. A new exploit will have to be found and a lot of the existing stuff that's currently used for pasta will have to be rewritten. I suspect by the time a new exploit is discovered, you will have moved on. Either get a 9.2 or earlier console, or wait it out. The choice is yours (although waiting it out very well might mean waiting until after the console is commercially dead).

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vote is yes, at some point in the future pasta (or something similar) will end up on 9.3+. The caveat here is when. Throwing my best educated guess out there, I'll say not anytime within the next six months. A new exploit will have to be found and a lot of the existing stuff that's currently used for pasta will have to be rewritten. I suspect by the time a new exploit is discovered, you will have moved on. Either get a 9.2 or earlier console, or wait it out. The choice is yours.

If I were him I'd just get a Sky3DS. Piracy on 9.9, and without that annoying process of converting your .3DS. to .CIA's.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a slightly different note, I'd heard some rumors floating around that "supposedly" getting "legit" cia's to install on 9.3+ might be doable in the nearish future. If there is any truth to that, then maybe the sysnand files can be individually downgraded to exploitable versions (the browser in particular comes to mind) and exploited as per the older versions....I guess we won't really know if this is feasible until after someone works out how to get "legit" cia's installed and hammers out a method for doing this though (probably someone with a hardmod will need to attempt this first, as it's very likely something that could cause a partial, or even complete brick) - provided there's not any prevention built into the system to prevent an older version of a system file from overwriting a newer version.

If I were him I'd just get a Sky3DS. Piracy on 9.9, and without that annoying process of converting your .3DS. to .CIA's.

To be honest, that's probably the best solution for him, as no one has a crystal ball handy to predict if my above theory will work, or WHEN it will be able to even be attempted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet