Hardware Will PAL VC GAmes/Channel work with NTSC Wii?

exar khun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to bring my US-NTSC Wii to Australia.
Regarding the power/voltage supply issue and TV system, I can use a volatge regulator or buy an australian Wii AC adapter and use a multi-system TV (which can accept either PAL or NTSC signal).

My concern is the VC games and the Wii channel, can i buy Wii points and buy PAL VC games?
will the PAL VC games and PAL Wii channel work on the NTSC-Wii?

help please....

joshwaan2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I think you need a step down for a NTSC Wii for Australia. 110V to 240V.

I think if you change the system settings so it says Australia you can log into the shop that way. But not sure about the NTSC as I only have a Pal Wii.

Cheers

josh

exar khun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i know about the step-down regulator for the power supply and to use a multi-system TV....
but my concern is, will i be able to buy and use PAL VC games and use the PAL Wii channel with my NTSC Wii system?

as what i understand, the vc games and wii channel is sourced from the internet, right? if so, does the internet have PAL or NTSC signals also? I thought PAL/NTSC signals are for tv only....
can i not just access the NTSC VC games and Wii channel using my NTSC Wii?

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only access vc games from the region the wii was made for. In the select country menu an a ntsc wii it oly has US, Mexico, Canada, South American countries, etc.

exar khun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only access vc games from the region the wii was made for. In the select country menu an a ntsc wii it oly has US, Mexico, Canada, South American countries, etc.

so does that mean that I would have no problem in purchasing/using NTSC VC games and using NTSC Wii channel with my NTSC Wii eventhough I am in australia?

I am actually fine with that if that's the case (eventhough I have no access with PAL VC games / Wii Channel)....just as long I am able to work/access the NTSC counterpart....

by the way, so the VC Games and Wii news will be coming from the internet connection and not from the TV signal, right?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They come through the internet, its impossible for them to come through the TV signal given the setup.

The only problem you would have with buying the VC games is that you need to get US points cards, because you can't use a credit card or other region points cards. But if you know where to look (eBay) you can get the cards @ retail price emailled to you.

exar khun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They come through the internet, its impossible for them to come through the TV signal given the setup.

The only problem you would have with buying the VC games is that you need to get US points cards, because you can't use a credit card or other region points cards. But if you know where to look (eBay) you can get the cards @ retail price emailled to you.

yeah, that was what i was planning - to buy the NTSC Wii points off ebay or just ask my brother to buy for me here in the US...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill