Hacking Will online play never be possible unless they find a new current-firmware exploit?

Xizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly does the 3DS have to play online anyway? Animal Crossing, Pokémon and Mario Kart? Everything else seems to be a desolate wasteland.

Pokémon and Animal Crossing you already need legit carts to play anyway and Mario Kart on 3DS will be rendered obsolete this year with Mario Kart 8.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What exactly does the 3DS have to play online anyway? Animal Crossing, Pokémon and Mario Kart? Everything else seems to be a desolate wasteland.

Pokémon and Animal Crossing you already need legit carts to play anyway and Mario Kart on 3DS will be rendered obsolete this year with Mario Kart 8.
mario kart 8 is for wii u

that being said online play is pretty lacking on the 3ds, but something else not being able to play online does is means people cant buy DLC for games

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i think everyone missed what the user posted about first let me put this out there when running 2.02b (yes i know OH NO A BRICK) however when running it with the latest emunand booted into classic mode you can plan online with LEGIT game carts which was one of the original posters questions i have tested this with mario kart 7 havent tried Animal crossing or pokemon as i dont own them but i do play online with the gw mode installed running latest emunand or i did..untill recently i went back to 4.5 on the 2.01b firmware to avoid bricking i will mention this..i own 2 3ds consoles a legit 7.1ofw and my gateway one on 4.5 ofw with emunand now at 4.5 however when i had it on 7.1 emunand it seemed to have some hickups with online play nothing major..it just disconnected every 5 or 6 races i played which isnt so bad atleast that was my experience with it.. i never had that problem on the ofw 3ds

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure that it is hopeless. While it may not be much, the fact that you can download the daily puzzles for Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask means it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility of working with other games.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to derail this thread, but are you saying you can unban PSN *accounts* or just the consoles? I got both banned and had to make a whole new account, with new Plus and everything, I lost all my purchases.

Spunky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I hate to derail this thread, but are you saying you can unban PSN *accounts* or just the consoles? I got both banned and had to make a whole new account, with new Plus and everything, I lost all my purchases.

Consoles only .. Once an account gets banned it's permanent .
btw don't get a plus membership if you know your PSN account might get banned, it's just pure logic.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have two accounts now, one for my CFW PS3 and one for my Vita.

At the time I didn't know there was a risk just using CFW (I wasn't even playing backed up games online, ONLY running the CFW and signing in) and I used the same account on both systems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la