Hacking Will DLC eventually be added to Gateway 3DS?

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If E-Shop games work, could Gateway 3DS make DLC works? I'd really like to try those New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC. Have Gateway ever told anything about that? Why people can't copy a DLC like a E-shop game?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's really no way of knowing what the future holds, so most peoples' answers will be "your guess is as good as mine."

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If E-Shop games work, could Gateway 3DS make DLC works? I'd really like to try those New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC. Have Gateway ever told anything about that? Why people can't copy a DLC like a E-shop game?
it would be technically possible, but think about it, if gateway lets people install dlc, people would pretty much be able to install full games.....now if people can install games....gateway would have to lock down emunand classic mode too, if they didn't people could just install a bunch of games then sell the 3ds "pre-loaded" or swap games out for friends and family whenever they want.....without them needing the gateway card.

gateway want to make money, and sell as many gateway cards as possible, allowing users to install eshop content would mean one person could just enable x amount of people to have free games with no need for them to own a gateway card at all

and to answer this
Why people can't copy a DLC like a E-shop game?
eshop games are currently run as a standalone game, you cant run a game update or DLC as a standalone game

i suppose with some work gateway could possible make some sort of loader which will load up DLC files, but who knows, i think protecting their sales comes before anything else

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, Gateway could make that you can only use a Gateway card on only one device so that would protect reselling, like E-Shop, if you try it the Gateway card on another software it would refuse to launch or something like that. Anyway, if Devolution was able to make a working AP, why Gateway would'nt be able.

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they manage to add DLC content...
I hate it when you buy a game and then they sale DLC content on top of it... What a big con...
Oh well, lucky most of us here don't pay for the games in the first place lol

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially, it seems like the only way for free DLC is to have the keys to the kingdom, something the cart makers have done their best to keep from happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-