Hardware WiiWare?

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about this and I was excited that Nintendo is offering this.
But I got two questions:
1.When you make your game do you use the Wii to create it or a PC?
2.Could you download other people's home brew created games?

This seems a lot similar to Microsoft's XNA Game Studio Express for its Xbox, Don't you think?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think XNA likely carries much more freedom than this will. There's hardly any details aside that this is meant for independant developers with not a lot of the green stuff that still want to get their stuffs out there.

You would create the software on a PC and I very much doubt Nintendo will allow everything made to be on WiiWare.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what I thought also.
I am just glad that there will be home brew for wii.
I think this will be released next year too.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My impression of what WiiWare would be is slightly different than yours. I think, instead of opening up homebrew to every Tom, Dick and Harry, they are just going to provide kits to smaller registered developpers. These small developpers (along with larger ones that want to create short, simple games) will then churn out WiiWare which we will pay for through the WiiShop channel.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im hopeing to see plenty of physic engine toys :3
Its just a good idea on the wii.

Though some things like media players would be nice.
Mp3/CD player, DVD player, Maybe even a more customizable desktop sorta clock thing with a really nice notebaord system for club stuff and crap.

Just wish that Wiiware would come faster.

Though I remember hearing about the VC getting NEW unique titles for the respective emulated console its programed for.
That way someone could develop an NES game and sell it on the Wii Shop channel. That would be awsome :3

Now nintendo may not be offering a cheap homebrew solution and only letting smaller developers get a chance, but if they release a purchasable or even free NES/SNES programming kit, it would defintly kick off real well.
Though there would need to be some sorta submission system.
Nintendo would be instantly filled with crappy tutorial based NES/SNES titles in a heartbeat.
Maybe a small publisher sorta system would work.
Let the creators send demos or finished products to the publishers and let them publish it on the Wiiware/VC shops for em.
Not a perfect filtering system, but might work.

Anyway, it may not be the Nintendo answer to the long starved homebrewers, but all I can say is I wish wiiware would come sooner.
I wanna see some origonal titles on the shop chennal already >.

mastertop101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I see, so, basically, shadow1w2, you'd want new, bad looking with bad sounds just because the game *could* run on a NES/SNES ? Plus, game would be much harder to do with NES/SNES limitations (ASM only I beleive)
Sure, that could be interesting for some programming freaks, but still totally useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1