Homebrew Wiiware / VC ISO Forwarders made easy

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
chop said:
The one thing I'd like is the ability to save settings in wad2iso, let me explain

I use CFG for usb loading and 99% of my games use 249r20 to load so I create my isowad's set to use 250r17, I'd like the program to remember this so that I don't have to change it every time.

As zizer says above, select 250 in the settings and click 'apply to all' then, without leaving the options page, select the any wads that MAY be different and 'apply to selected' (this will overwrite the settings 'applied to all' for only the selected titles)

I do that for the video mode

'Select All'
I select my options and choose PAL video and 'apply to selected'
Then select 'Clear All'
Then I select only the NTSC titles and this time click 'check hlighted'
Once more click 'apply to selected'

Then once I exit the options Wad2ISO chugs on and applies PAL settings to PAL titles and NTSC settings to NTSC titles

I made it like this because it uses a couple of different methods to come up with a Title and trying to 'save' settings was problematic.

Nowadays, the effort it would take to add that function isn't justified as it only takes a click or two to get the same result
wink.gif

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU TRISTAR!
this is by far my favorite wii related pc utility
biggrin.gif

i used autojaquettes to create disc art for CFG, they use the 6digit discid -
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vbp0e8j3twq5nsu
there are 53 discs included.
when creating disc art, the center is never transparent
frown.gif
if any kind soul knows how to edit the disc arts in a way that leaves them looking good...please share or edit my upload... if ANYONE would like to continue making disc arts, please contribute! feel free to upload what ive made to wiitdb as well.
anyone using CFG with these isos, and would like the synopsis displayed when selecting your games, here are detailed instructions:
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...t&p=3377229
ENJOY!
cdcg.png

Suicide

'Nuff said...
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone could help me with my problem.

I downloaded the latest Wad2ISO and gave it exceptions in both my firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Then, I started up the install, running it as Administrator since I Have Windows 7 Ultimate 64x, and it looked like it was fetching the files needed for the install from the Internet until it fails and gives me the error:

Wad2ISO download failed.
Check Internet connection and try again.

Now I don't understand why that comes up considering I've allowed it unrestricted access to my Internet connection via firewall.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

aykenar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heard that triiforce doesn't work for HDD over 1TB.

So I'm guessing iso forwarders won't work with my 2TB HDD?

What if i partition it?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aykenar said:
Heard that triiforce doesn't work for HDD over 1TB.

So I'm guessing iso forwarders won't work with my 2TB HDD?

What if i partition it?

i have hitachi 2tb and two partitions
yes wad2iso won't work (wad2iso use triiforce )

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no where else to air this idea though.
if we could somehow get a version of SWISS that supported comand line arguments for autobooting of a specified file, we could create 'iso forwarders' for GC games ina similar fashion as for wiiware with 'WAD2ISO'. that would be GREAT! being able to select a GC game from a loader right next to the other titles. is there any way of 'passing' this idea to emu_kidd?? im sure someone could whip up a version of swiss booter for us wii users that could pass the game launching arguments to the swiss dol, correct? this would be a great step forward!

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The procedure is very simple in principle - Modify the source to check for parameters as the program is launched and, if any exist use the parameters to set up game options instead of the normal GUI.

The best person to do that would be the author of the program, as he/she will already understand the way the program works and therefore find the most appropriate place to branch the code.

I personally don't use emulators so have no use for such a modification but, with a little effort, anyone could modify the source to make use of in-line parameters.
wink.gif

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the response, im going to register/pm emu_kidd right away....im not sure if he will be as willing ot incorporate the feature, but its worth a shot. as an addendum, here is the instruction for compiling...http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/wiki/Compiling. i wish i knew how to branch the code just to test my idea. thank you again sir!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first impression of this was real nice, and you have done a splendid job. Now it worked for me but only under cIOS249rev17. Lets say I wanted better compatibility like in some of the 249d2x[???], would there be any way to trick the forwarders or TriiForce to use say 249d2x38slot248? like you would do with Mighty Channel?

Basically what I'm asking is, is there any way that i can use a higher rev above 249 to load my ISO forwarders through my usb loader so i can somehow achieve greater compatibility?

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kylster said:
My first impression of this was real nice, and you have done a splendid job. Now it worked for me but only under cIOS249rev17. Lets say I wanted better compatibility like in some of the 249d2x[???], would there be any way to trick the forwarders or TriiForce to use say 249d2x38slot248? like you would do with Mighty Channel?

Basically what I'm asking is, is there any way that i can use a higher rev above 249 to load my ISO forwarders through my usb loader so i can somehow achieve greater compatibility?

As I've said, many times before, Wad2ISO simply creates "shortcuts" to Triiforce. It does not improve Triiforce capabilites in any way.

The 249r17 is a limitation of Triiforce, not Wad2ISO. Once Triiforce (that is original Triiforce - not a mod of Triiforce) is improved to work with later cIOS then so will Wad2ISO shortcuts.

I personally do not have any compatibility problems as the few titles that do not run in emu nand, I simply run in real nand.
wink.gif

(I have no knowledge of Mighty Channel)

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm still using regularly your soft!
but since d2x cIOSs are here I would like to test them, it's perfect but I have only a problem. loader.dol can't support the revision of d2x cIOS...I know it's du to triiforce and not to wad2iso.
But is it possible you replace the loader.dol from triiforce by a modified version of mighty channel? It would be great: just change the loader.dol (instead change slot for cios r17 and redo the ISO's...)

If you have'nt time, maybe could you tell me how did you change the dol from triiforce to let him load a game with "informations from the iso made with wad2iso". Thanks a lot!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I hope I'm not speaking in Tristar's name too much, but perhaps this bit of the first post may help:

QUOTE said:
Triiforce r78 has been renamed and used as a single loader, that is launched from a folder called NandGames in the root of either SD: or USB:
(It is renamed to avoid confusion with Triiforce versions that have not yet had the source-code error corrected, preventing in-line arguments being accepted, as detailed in Issue 11 at the Triiforce Subversion repository)

All these forwarder ISO's send game details to this same loader - eliminating unnecessary duplicate loaders for every game ISO wacko.gif, but maintaining ease of Triiforce upgrade (as only the single loader need be replaced instead of re-creating many loaders / ISO images)
The folder NandGames (containing Loader.dol) will be created within the Wad2ISO folder each run, and must be copied to the root of your SD or USB (You only need to do this once)
Basically, the iso's created with wad2iso run USB:\NandGames\Loader.dol or SD:\NandGames\Loader.dol with predefined arguments. In human language: it starts that Loader.dol and immediately runs game X with video setting Y and other setting Z (X, Y and Z are those settings you need to select when creating the forwarder iso).

That loader.dol is triiforce r78. To make it use mighty channels, all you have to do is rename mighty channels' dol file to loader.dol and put it in that NandGames folder.

...I haven't tested it myself, but I'd be surprised if the thing wouldn't crash. Tristar just mentioned 3 posts back (albeit those were from 2.5 months ago) that wad2iso is restricted by the limitations of triiforce, and that he has (had?) no knowledge of mighty channels. I think (but I may be wrong...I'm not a programmer) that the best way is to just try to make sure that mighty channels accepts and uses those parameters in the very same way as r78 does.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wever is pretty much correct, and thanks for putting up an explanation.
wink.gif

The question has been asked about using other loaders before, and the problem is that most of the other loaders do not have any code included to accept in-line parameters or options.

This is understandable as most have put a lot of effort into their GUI, which is bypassed with in-line params.

For me to mod a loader, I have to read all the source and add some codes to accept the in-line options then insert them into the appropriate places in the code, then skip passed any GUI etc etc

To be honest, I don't have time. The mods made to Triiforce are MINIMAL and documented in this thread. Triiforce was easy as it already contains the code for in-line params BUT there is an error in the source code that prevents it working (also documented with the fix in this thread - and quoted above)

So I applied the fix and then just wrote a little windows proggy to inject YOUR options into the .dol that will sit on the ISO and call Triiforce/loader
and then 'stream' your options to that dol

So if you can convince the author of any of these loaders to add a few lines of code (documented in this thread) and give up their GUI, the rest is easy
smile.gif

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot! It is what I was thinking about and you explained it perfectly! before posting, I tried to change the loader.dol by mighty11.1.dol. It works but settings are not considered.
And I saw post about the restriction of triiforce (triiforce shouldn't understand the revision 21004 du cios d2x)

I didn't understand something:
QUOTE said:
So I applied the fix and then just wrote a little windows proggy to inject YOUR options into the .dol that will sit on the ISO and call Triiforce/loader
and then 'stream' your options to that dol

If the fix is different. Maybe the options injected in the ISO won't be understandable by the new loader.dol. Best would be to keep isos already made of course.
I have to search in this thread informations about theses fixes. ...I don't understand everything for the moment...

I never tried to compile or modify a dol and I don't know any computer language. moreover, I don't know if a fix in mighty channels is as easy as in triiforce.
So, I'll ask to marc what he thinks about it and if he could add these precious few lines of code...

thanks for your answers
biggrin.gif

edit: Maybe the easiest way would be to find what in the triiforcemod (loader.dol) prevent to use a cios with revision 21004?? Maybe it's only a little line to change in the code, making triiforce able to use a cios with a big revision (until 21004 at least...). What do you think about it? Does it seem easier than mod another loader?
I have to learn about the code to see where it could be.
edit:I can't find where is the source from your "loader.dol" and I'm affraid reading 20 pages to find this, could you help me please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here