Hacking WiiU firmware update v4.1.0

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason to avoid it.

So I shouldn't be paranoid about this update, even if it is trivial? I thought it was advised not to update...?

anyone know how to boot directly to vwii so i can avoid this update?

You can hold the B button on the game pad as the system starts up, more importantly, when you see the Wii U logo be sure to hold it down, it will go directly to vWii.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
So I shouldn't be paranoid about this update, even if it is trivial? I thought it was advised not to update...?

You can hold the B button on the game pad as the system starts up, more importantly, when you see the Wii U logo be sure to hold it down, it will go directly to vWii.
I'm not worried.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you updated your console (unless you don't have a Wii U)? I swear one of these days, Nintendo'll release an update that'll kill vWii homebrew, that's what I'm thinking.
That's what Wiimpersonator is for. You can check what's updated before you do it. Nothing on the vWii side was updated with this one.

I also volunteered to update on #vWii before other people so I could confirm what was affected.

Reactions: the_randomizer

westdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive updated mine went fast because i have whole collection games working on my wii so i dont use wii u wii section

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what Wiimpersonator is for. You can check what's updated before you do it. Nothing on the vWii side was updated with this one.

I also volunteered to update on #vWii before other people so I could confirm what was affected.

Fair enough :P I don't remember hearing about Wiimpersonator to be honest :D

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it just updates the eshop gba games are now available and at a ripoff price too!

$10 each?! fuck off ninty i'll keep playing mine on VBA GX thank you :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it just updates the eshop gba games are now available and at a ripoff price too!

$10 each?! fuck off ninty i'll keep playing mine on VBA GX thank you :P

I wish GBA emulation was faster and/or could be improved on the Wii :P Some games just simply refuse to run full speed (Golden Sun 1 and 2 running at 55 fps and stuttering audio). Wishful thinking on my part. With that said, some GBA games go for way more than $10 used on Amazon, I've seen many for for $20-$40 used, yeah, screw those prices.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happened to ds games being on the shop?

Won't be till later, GBA games were to be launched this month. The emulation is spot on and runs full speed (bought Mario and Luigi), which is cheaper than getting on Amazon or eBay. ($10 used, $80 new). I don't think the Wii will ever see full speed GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, What a waste.