Hardware Wiimote paired with both Wii and Wii U or just Wii U?

oldskoolboarder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading my Wii U setup guide and it mentions pairing the Wiimotes with the Wii U. Will the same Wiimotes still work w/ my Wii w/o pairing? I'd hate to have to re-pair the Wiimotes if I want to play the Wii. And yes, I prefer to keep both consoles in my home theatre for other reasons.

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know, as I don't have my Wii U yet, but I'd say it's very likely that you have to re-pair them.
They still connect the same way AFAIK, so, they should still not be able to be connected to two consoles at the same time.

I mean, just imagine both consoles being powered on at the same time. That would cause a bit of problem if they could stay connected to both.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have a Wii U either, but I have a PAL Wii and an NTSC Wii and when I pair a controller with one I can't use it on the ohter and vice versa.
I suppose it's the same with the Wii U, but somebody should try it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried it, and it's the same.
The wiimote is paired only with one console at a time. Either the Wii or the WiiU, not both.

Unfortunately, you can't use the Wiimote menu on the gamePad home menu to temporary synch wiimotes. They need to be paired with the console first.
So you can pair the wiimotes with WiiU, and temporarilly synch the Wiimotes on the Wii's wiimote menu when needed multiplayer. (if you have more than one wiimote, keep one paired on Wii to press A and access wiimote menu)

Reactions: pelago

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why don't you do as Cyan said ?
Pair your Wii remote with the system you use it most, and only perform a quick sync ( by pressing 1+2 on the Wii remote FYI ) whenever you need it on the other system.
How hard can it be to press two buttons ??

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you do as Cyan said ?
Pair your Wii remote with the system you use it most, and only perform a quick sync ( by pressing 1+2 on the Wii remote FYI ) whenever you need it on the other system.
How hard can it be to press two buttons ??

It only works one way though. You can't temp sync (1+2) a wiimote to the Wii U, it must be full synced (red button). So to use a Wiimote with the Wii U, it must be fully synced to the Wii U. Not earth shattering, but it is inconvienient. I hope it is something nintendo adds in an update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land