Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Sometime ago I contacted you about an issue I was having with Mario Kart Retro v3.
Can you tell me why'd that happen?
I got the error which apparently said I was banned but I never used Wiimmfi before with Mario Kart Retro v3.
I got 10-20 support queries per day. And because I don't support via PM, I simple delete such queries. So ask in the forums and you have the chance, that anyone may help you.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Say i wanted to switch from a wireless connection to a wired connection and vice versa, would i get banned just from making the switch to different connection types?
All of these are absolute uncritical:
* Sharing your profile with 5 consoles (for example 2 Wiis, Dolphin, 2 WiiU)
* Using alternately WLAN and (multiple) LAN adapters.
* Using different profiles and/or savegames for the same game.
* Any combination of above.

But I have written some code that detects manipulations like a MAC changer. The only reason to use a MAC changer is to bypass a ban. And so a MAC changer results in a ban.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All of these are absolute uncritical:
* Sharing your profile with 5 consoles (for example 2 Wiis, Dolphin, 2 WiiU)
* Using alternately WLAN and (multiple) LAN adapters.
* Using different profiles and/or savegames for the same game.
* Any combination of above.

But I have written some code that detects manipulations like a MAC changer. The only reason to use a MAC changer is to bypass a ban. And so a MAC changer results in a ban.
Does that mean that if I downloaded a save file for mario Kart Wii, i get a slight chance of being banned?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would using cheats on a real wii get me banned (for example to unlock everything on mario kart wii?)

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
As many players known, Wiimmfi tries to detect MAC changer and ban people who reaches the critical number of different MACs. The critical number changes on other facts.

New is, that only MACs used in the last 42 days are used, older MACs are forgotten now. And this means an automatic unban.

Any word on Monster Hunter Tri?
Think, it won't work.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Server Update

2 games added for testing:
* NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
* Valhalla Knights

Page http://wiimmfi.de/mkw :
The page is redesigned. The server analyses now different status packages and know much earlier the status of members. The old status page is available at http://wiimmfi.de/mkw0

If you are logged in and host of a private room, you can kick now guests of your room. The kicks are logged at the ban page. 6 hourcs after the ban, the message is hidden, but still readable for the moderator team. So use it honorable.

Reactions: cvskid

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi Wiimm and everyone,

First of all thank you for all your effort and making this happen! Excellent job!
I have already downloaded the latest version of USB Loader GX and it works great with the private server option, etc. Now I'm trying to make it work on Wiiflow, actually I have an Ocarina cheat/patch made by Fix94 for running an alternative server (that used to work) instead of Nintendo's Wifi Network. So my question is: Is there a Wiimmfi Ocarina patch that I need to download somewhere? or is there a similar private server option in a new Wiiflow release? I have just downloaded Wiiflow v4.2.3 MasterMod Pack since I had v4.2.1 installed;thinking the latest version would have that option somewhere which I can't seem to find anywhere, is there one? Thank you!

Warm regards
Pepois

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought the ocarina code only patched the SSL to standard URL (https -> http), to allow Alt-wfc servers and sniffing packets to analyze the network traffics.
Wiiflow still rely on the ocarina patch only?

Then, if you want to use Wiiflow or CFG, you will need to hard-patch your ISO with Wiimmfi patcher.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I thought the ocarina code only patched the SSL to standard URL (https -> http), to allow Alt-wfc servers and sniffing packets to analyze the network traffics.
Wiiflow still rely on the ocarina patch only?

Then, if you want to use Wiiflow or CFG, you will need to hard-patch your ISO with Wiimmfi patcher.
Hi Cyan, such a long time!!!

Well, it said in the Wiimmfi announcements sticky post that Wiiflow is, along with USB Loader GX, a compatible Wiimmfi loader. But don't take my word for it here's the text:

Method 2: Using an USB Loader automatic patcher
Some loaders have a built-in patching function to patch games on the fly at launch time.
No need to download the patcher and mess with the ISO. The USB loaders will do it for you every time you play the game.

- Launch the USBLoader and enable wiimfi.de or "private server" option before launching a game.

Compatible USBLoaders:
- USBLoaderGX
- Wiiflow

I'm guessing there is a new or mod Wiiflow version that has this private server option-in-game settings (hopefully)

Warm regards

Pepois

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I'm the one who wrote that announcement in the first post :P
I thought Wiiflow had a patching function (I didn't verified it myself, that's my fault) as Fix94 was the one who released the ocarina patch "to work with other loaders", and I thought he worked on a method to patch the game like I did instead of using Ocarina.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah, I'm the one who wrote that announcement in the first post :P
I thought Wiiflow had a patching function (I didn't verified it myself, that's my fault).
hehehe, that explains everything!!! I was like going crazy here!!! hehehe

Well, do you think we could have like an Ocarina cheat/patch for it with Wiimmfi's server ip like Fix94's patch/cheat?

That would be really interesting, wouldn't it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's probably possible if he could search all https string and replace them with Ocarina, but I don't know if it works like that.
I don't know how he created the cheatcode not what's possible to do with it. maybe he didn't patch URLs in the dol but patched the network function instead?

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's probably possible if he could search all https string and replace them with Ocarina, but I don't know if it works like that.
I don't know how he created the cheatcode not what's possible to do with it. maybe he didn't patch URLs in the dol but patched the network function instead?
I'm getting the feeling that is possible too. Perhaps you could pm him since you are way techier than me hehe. Also, perhaps he's too busy with the Nintendont project which btw, its just getting better and better!!!

A pleasure talking to you Cyan!!! and thank you for the explanation... I was like going nuts hehe

Pepois

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know what to do with a weird LAN setup? :wtf:

I have it like this:

For each device in my house, I have to have the LAN settings set up like this:

IP: (whatever it might be) Subnet: 255.0.0.0 Gateway: 10.0.0.138

DNS usually has to be this for ANYTHING to work...
DNS: 10.0.0.138 Second DNS: 202.136.43.75

Problem is, I can't use this for altwfc and a wii LAN adapter!!! It fails with 52020.

DNS settings I tried:

104.131.93.87 in both fields

above address in one field, gateway in another.

Both don't work... Any suggestions? was going to test SSB, but can't because of this stupid problem... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?