jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i don't know if i am gonna get anywhere with this but i cannot run .bat files on my computer, i have windows xp and it says command prompt is not found, is there any way i can download a premade iso from anywhere or how can i enter the command to make a iso manually? if i don't get this sorted i will never be able to play usa wii games ever because of this. grrrr

isn't there at least a windows program that's friendly to use without using stupid command prompt?

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
from what i've heard if you download that disc you got a virus

i mean don't excute it
unsure.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
what do you mean virus? (even if there was a virus my virus program would have detected something and i doubt a official wiikey website would be silly enough to put a virus on their website) i can't run anything because i cannot run .bat files whatsoever in the end i had to download the version 1.1 setup disc that was already in a iso, but still if anyone has a way to get 1.2 in a iso without stupid dos command then that will help a lot.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yep i already have the regionfrii on my computer ready, but do you really need the setup disc if you main wii backups are for your own region? (in this case pal) there will only be a few games that i will be playing from other regions.

ih8crouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont think u need the update...ive PM'd u a link to a program that gives the bat files a front end which should sort your problem mate

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have a wiikey installed properly then you shoudl have 0 problems in running a game for your own region. playing imports also works about 60-70% of the time, some games refuse to work across regions regardless of what you do.

you only run the setup disc ONCE to make your changes and save them, then remove the disc and slot in a backup or original game. You do not need regionfree at all to get a game working, as it's doing the same thing the wiikey is doing - if it doesn't work via your wiikey, then it's an incompatable game/bad burn/bad install.

ih8crouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
must be a bad install ive run the setup disk n no NTSC games work with out the patch not bothered really everything works perfect cept for that

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
must be a bad install ive run the setup disk n no NTSC games work with out the patch not bothered really everything works perfect cept for that

sounds like it, might want to get it checked out by someone who knows what (s)he is doing, otherwise you'll have to patch for life what the chip ought to be doing for you on the fly

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i haven't had anything installed yet, i'm just getting all the files i need prepared so i won't be running around like a headless chicken when i get my wii back after the chip has been installed.

QUOTE said:

thanks for that, lets hope i get more progress than before.

edit: what the hell is this program? when i press my region to compile a image i get a error message "system cannot find the file specfied" (i;m guessing it won't regonise the .bat files again, when i press continue multiple times a small box comes up asking me for a password what is this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know how I missed this https://youtu.be/OgLD1yhxNik?si=I94vWUB9-LcKc5jR