Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason/need to keep the original png boxcover files in the boxcovers folder once Wiiflow generates its cache? I could use the reclaimed space.

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason/need to keep the original png boxcover files in the boxcovers folder once Wiiflow generates its cache? I could use the reclaimed space.

For boxcovers, if WiiFlow has already created the WFC (cache) files, the original PNG files are no longer necessary to keep on the SD/USB.

However, I would advise to keep the original PNG files backed up somewhere safe if you can. Perhaps on a PC or spare USB drive, just in case.

Reactions: XFlak and Exidous

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As Hakaisha said, it's better to keep the original if possible.
A wfc file is a compressed image (GX CMPR) using the S3TC DXT1 lossy algorithm.

If you lost the original png and for any reason you'd want it back (editing, different loader etc.), I'd wrote this kinda useless tool :
https://github.com/Wiimpathy/WFC2PNG

It was made in order to understand the wfc format, but also because I lost the original homemade covers after an hdd crash.

gooface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To update to 5.4.9 from 5.4.9, I just extract the zip file and overwrite every file? Will I lose any settings doing this?

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I've been using Wiiflow Lite with SD Card Wii / GameCube for a while now and I play MKWII every now and then and sometimes it crashes.

Glaedorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already know how to extract them from the game
What i want is to extract the files from these formats
3D models etc

Glaedorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already know that with Dolphin i can extract any file from a wii or gamecube game
What i want is to extract the code etc from a file that have been already extracted
If y extract "ace_1p.aar" from the game, i want to extract the model from the file

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe a faulty sd card? Use usb ;)
If you could try MkWii with SD card, it would help me. If I set cios to force in the wiiflow menu, then mkwii and IOS 249 works, but if I set the option to off then it sometimes doesn't work. IOS 58 is then used there. I use Vwii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong