Hacking WiiFlow Lite

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since i updated to wiiflow lite v5.4.0 it has messed up my 128GB flash drive twice, erasing most of folders. It was working great on wiiflow lite 5.2.0 and below.
Could this be a wiiflow issue? Or is it more likely a flash drive issue (it works perfectly on windows though).
Any recommended tool for formating the thumb drive?

Thank you all and keep up the good work.

Reactions: Alexander1970

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since i updated to wiiflow lite v5.4.0 it has messed up my 128GB flash drive twice, erasing most of folders. It was working great on wiiflow lite 5.2.0 and below.
Could this be a wiiflow issue? Or is it more likely a flash drive issue (it works perfectly on windows though).

Is it gpt or mbr? I made some minor gpt changes that were by cyan but untested. Just a wild guess at your problem.

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's mbr, i have tried the thumb drive again with the wfl version 5.2.0 but the problems remain. So i suppose it's a flash drive compatibility issue, just don't understand why it worked great before and what may have triggered this.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It's mbr, i have tried the thumb drive again with the wfl version 5.2.0 but the problems remain. So i suppose it's a flash drive compatibility issue, just don't understand why it worked great before and what may have triggered this.
Hello.:)

Is your USB Stick formatted with FAT32/NTFS or WBFS please ?
And is ONE Single Partition or more on it ?

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The usb stick has one single primary partition, fat32 32kb cluster, used wii wii ba manager to format.
I've been testing these last hours and apparently everything works as expected, except wiiflow, sometimes it just stays stuck in the loading screen and doesn't even boot (v5.4.0).

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The usb stick has one single primary partition, fat32 32kb cluster, used wii wii ba manager to format.
I've been testing these last hours and apparently everything works as expected, except wiiflow, sometimes it just stays stuck in the loading screen and doesn't even boot (v5.4.0).

Thank you for you Reply and this Informations.:)

Would you be so kind and tell us your cIOS 249 Configuration please ?

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
According to syscheck is IOS249(56) (rev21010, d2x v10beta52) Trucha, Nand access, USB2.0

I just tried switching wiiflow to its 5.2.0 dol version, it booted, but it didn't like the rhaphsodii theme v5.4 and totally garbled the wiiflow lite themes folder...

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Hello.:)

I use this USB Sticks since 3 Years on my Wii´s:

P1350835.JPG

Intenso USB 3.0 with 128GB and 64GB

I format it for Test Purpose with NTFS and/or FAT32 but mainly use FAT32.
For me very reliable and good Products for the Wii.

Used FAT32 and GameCube/Wii Games on them.
Plugged/Unplugged it several Times and played a couple different GameCube and Wii Games.
No Issues or Data corrupting/erasing with WiiFlow v5.4.0.:)

It Is strange that only the newer Version makes Troubles to your USB Device.:(
(I know these USB Stick "Things" from USBLoader GX v3.0 r1272).

I can not say,what causes these Data erasing.

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The thumb stick causing me problems is this one https://www.kingston.com/en/usb-flash-drives/datatraveler-100-g3-usb-3-0-usb-flash-drive
ktc-product-usb-dt100g3-dt100g316gb-1-sm.jpg

I still haven't figured out why.

The picture is of a 16GB version, mine is 128Gb.

It works just fine with everything else (haven't tried other usb loaders), but after booting into wiiflow lite, within some seconds the corruption starts and that's a snowball effect, it spreads to a point wiiflow can't work.

Is there such thing like list for known 100% compatible thumb drives for wiiflow?

Last edited by davejsp,

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i stopped using the thumb drive alltogether and changed to a 2.5 512Gb external drive, all good so far.
About the rhapsodii theme... are the console backgrounds associated automatically? I don't see any settings for them anywhere?
I have some TurboGrafx-16 games, but the background appears as the PCEngine, when i see there is a specific background for the TurboGrafx-16, how do i correct that?

Last edited by davejsp,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, i stopped using the thumb drive alltogether and changed to a 2.5 512Gb external drive, all good so far.
About the rhapsodii theme... are the console backgrounds associated automatically? I don't see any settings for them anywhere?
I have some TurboGrafx-16 games, but the background appears as the PCEngine, when i see there is a specific background for the TurboGrafx-16, how do i correct that?
open your turbografx plugin ini in wiiflow/plugins/ and take note of the magic number you're using. Then open the file platform.ini. Search for your magic number. You'll see that it's associated with a platform name (pcengine). The background by the same name will be automatically used.
So, search for the Turbografx16 platform instead, and choose one of the magic numbers associated with it.
Replace the old magic number in the plugin ini with this one.
Open wiiflow/source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima/console.ini, and replace the old magic number for pc engine.

Reactions: davejsp

Demetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
That Kingston usb stick is known by it's fail rate. Check out of i/o issues and you will see a few. I would trust any files on it tbh

Στάλθηκε από το POCOPHONE F1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're right. I play most of my games from SD and only plug in the Spinning Disc USB drive when I need to swap some games around.

My PS2 uses a SanDisk (one of few brands of USB sticks I can trust) thumb drive and it's super-tidy, but then it doesn't have any internal storage.

Last edited by matt!,

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That Kingston usb stick is known by it's fail rate. Check out of i/o issues and you will see a few. I would trust any files on it tbh

Στάλθηκε από το POCOPHONE F1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Is there some online list?

By the way, the HDD i have in use now, when shutting off the wii, makes it's head go back and stop very hard, and it makes a clear sound which is worrying me, this is bad right? Some way to go around that?

What i would like to do in the future, would be to buy an external 512Gb SSD and connect it, i suppose for speed it should be the best option?

Last edited by davejsp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make up songs all the time "The driver in front of me shouldn't be allowed to breathe" that... +2