Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
time update: i went back to using ppc r30 and libogc 1.8.19.
that fixes the time issue for me on my wii. time issues occurs when i use ppc r31 and r32 and libogc 1.8.20.
the build of libogc i made strangely worked on my wiiu but not on the wii. hopefully wintermute fixes it and releases a new version of libogc or ppc soon. but for now i'll just use ppc r30 and libogc 1.8.19

if anyone knows how to fix it so i can compile with ppc r32 and libogc 1.8.20 then please let me know.

Reactions: Hakaisha

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, i believe i found something strange...
i've always used usb loader gx and now i want to try wfl...
this is what happens to me:
i installed the forwarder from github;
i made a clean install of r1161 from github, no extra files, nothing more than wfl, it loads fine from the forwarder;
the first time i run wfl i can change the game partitions form sd to usb1 in settings, but if i exit and return to system menu and then run wfl again i can't change the game partion anymore! it's blocked on sd!
if i delete everything and try with r1150 from sourceforge this doesn't happen...
also, if i delete only the wiiflow_lite.ini file from the apps\wiiflow_lite folder i can change the game partition settings again but only for one time, until i exit and reload wfl r1161...
i hope someone can replicate this behaviour, thanks, andrea. (sorry for my english)

Last edited by spinoman,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i believe i found something strange...
i've always used usb loader gx and now i want to try wfl...
this is what happens to me:
i installed the forwarder from github;
i made a clean install of r1161 from github, no extra files, nothing more than wfl, it loads fine from the forwarder;
the first time i run wfl i can change the game partitions form sd to usb1 in settings, but if i exit and return to system menu and then run wfl again i can't change the game partion anymore! it's blocked on sd!
if i delete everything and try with r1150 from sourgeforce this doesn't happen...
also, if i delete only the wiiflow_lite.ini file from the apps\wiiflow_lite folder i can change the game partition settings again but only for one time, until i exit and reload wfl r1161...
i hope someone can replicate this behaviour, thanks, andrea. (sorry for my english)
well i'm not even sure why it would be on SD when you reboot wfl since you changed it to USB the first time. but i'll look into it.

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks for the reply, just to be more accurate:
if i leave on sd the first time i exit the next time the selection is blocked on sd for all the four voices in partion settings (wii, gamecube, emunand and plugin). r1150 works fine.
thanks for your work, andrea.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, just to be more accurate:
if i leave on sd the first time i exit the next time the selection is blocked on sd for all the four voices in partion settings (wii, gamecube, emunand and plugin). r1150 works fine.
thanks for your work, andrea.
i believe your problem is the new sd card only feature that was added. the first time you are fine but the next time wfl sees everything set to use SD and apps is on SD and config is on SD so it thinks you want to use SD only and never bothers to check for USB devices and never mounts them.

so do you use a USB HDD and if so why do you set everything to SD the first time?

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i believe your problem is the new sd card only feature that was added. the first time you are fine but the next time wfl sees everything set to use SD and apps is on SD and config is on SD so it thinks you want to use SD only and never bothers to check for USB devices and never mounts them.

so do you use a USB HDD and if so why do you set everything to SD the first time?

i have a usb hdd and a sd. speaking of wii games i first try them on sd and, if they are suitables for my kids, i put them on hdd. i would switch from and to many times, just i used to do in cfgusbloader several years ago, then i moved on usbloadergx (which can't use sd) and now i would try wfl that seems to me more complete (just to play emuls for istance).

Last edited by spinoman,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a usb hdd and a sd. speaking of wii games i first try them on sd and, if they are suitables for my kids, i put them on hdd. i would switch from and to many times, just i used to do in cfgusbloader several years ago, then i moved on usbloadergx (which can't use sd) and now i would try wfl that seems to me more complete (just to play emuls for istance).
Ok well for now after your first boot and wiiflow_lite.ini is created. You can edit it and set data_on_usb=yes. And save. Now the sd card feature will not work.

ENunn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for interrupting, but my Wiiflow Lite looks like its all glitched and stuff. An image of the hand cursor is taking up half the screen and the rest is just white. Can't send pics since I'm a new member apparently.
It's a clean install so it shouldn't look like this at all. Any help?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for interrupting, but my Wiiflow Lite looks like its all glitched and stuff. An image of the hand cursor is taking up half the screen and the rest is just white. Can't send pics since I'm a new member apparently.
It's a clean install so it shouldn't look like this at all. Any help?
Do you have the imgs folder in your apps/wiiflow_lite folder and make sure its not empty

ENunn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit wiiflow lite ini. Under DEBUG set sd log= yes. And save. Then run wfl. And exit it. Now look look wiiflow.log on root of sd. Paste it here.for me to see.
Can't find wiiflow lite.ini. Isn't it supposed to be in /apps/wiiflow_lite? Because it's not there.

Last edited by ENunn,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hakaisha try this wfl boot dol please - http://www.mediafire.com/file/jwxf6v1iu9w3cxm/tiersback_boot.dol/file

also you may need this ext_booter.bin and put it in your bins folder. it changed with the last commit - http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ua825d0ktg7v91/ext_booter.bin/file

for source menu/flow tiers i added press '-' to go back one tier and press '+' to go back to base tier/source menu.
its not quite what you wanted but it should be fine. i didn't want to complicate controls for long time wiiflow users. so pressing 'b' to go back a tier wasn't an option.

you still press 'b' to get to source menu/flow and 'home' still takes you to Home Menu. and pressing 'home' in source menu/flow still takes you to their config menu.

hope it works!

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Hakaisha try this wfl boot dol please ...
its not quite what you wanted but it should be fine. i didn't want to complicate controls for long time wiiflow users. so pressing 'b' to go back a tier wasn't an option.
Thanks @fledge68. Always appreciated.
Why not ask wiiflow users if they would like the option to use 'B' to go up a tier, the option to use the home button to open the source menu etc... use a poll here?
It seems you're relying on the opinion of a few vocal users - who are these people? Let's hear their argument.
Just ask rather than guessing.

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is a decent work-around solution. WiiFlow Lite stays the same for users with single Base_Menu setups, but adds travel buttons for Tier setups.

I replaced both the boot.dol and ext_booter.bin. Here's my results:

SourceFlow: Pressing the - button on Tier_1 doesn't visually travel back to Tier_0. But the functions of Tier_0's buttons overtake the functions of Tier_1's buttons. Sometimes I have to press it twice to make the function change over.

(Wii and GameCube buttons in Tier_1 will now work as the Boot Disc and Games buttons in Tier_0, etc)

Pressing - button 3 or more times in Tier_1 will provide a Code Dump and reset. (Going back more tiers than is possible crashes it maybe?)

The + button will do almost the same thing, very similarly. It replaces the functions of the buttons in the current tier with the functions of the base_menu tier. But the button visuals stay the same.

Source Menu: The - and + buttons still change pages (1,2,3,4), but do not travel backwards to previous tier or base_menu.

Just tried the new tiersbackv2_boot.dol. It seems to also have the same problems I noted above with v1_boot.dol.

Reactions: kaisersozeh

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it is a decent work-around solution. WiiFlow Lite stays the same for users with single Base_Menu setups, but adds travel buttons for Tier setups.

I replaced both the boot.dol and ext_booter.bin. Here's my results:

SourceFlow: Pressing the - button on Tier_1 doesn't visually travel back to Tier_0. But the functions of Tier_0's buttons overtake the functions of Tier_1's buttons. Sometimes I have to press it twice to make the function change over.

(Wii and GameCube buttons in Tier_1 will now work as the Boot Disc and Games buttons in Tier_0, etc)

Pressing - button 3 or more times in Tier_1 will provide a Code Dump and reset. (Going back more tiers than is possible crashes it maybe?)

The + button will do almost the same thing, very similarly. It replaces the functions of the buttons in the current tier with the functions of the base_menu tier. But the button visuals stay the same.

Source Menu: The - and + buttons still change pages (1,2,3,4), but do not travel backwards to previous tier or base_menu.

Just tried the new tiersbackv2_boot.dol. It seems to also have the same problems I noted above with v1_boot.dol.
It is a great workaround, but no workaround is needed - it is possible to satisfy all those needs with continuity and better outcomes.
As you well know

Reactions: Hakaisha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yep, something like that.