chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
I whipped up a database and assets for a TIC-80 plugin button. Maybe at some point I'll figure out what @ukigh4ie is talking about with the incorrect image formats. If someone could point out to me the issues, i might be able to fix them. That being said, i seem to be having problems saving things as 32Bit RGBA instead of 24 bit RGB when there are no transparent pixels in the image. So what I submit here is the best i got for now, and it all seems to work for me.

I have also included a sound effect for TIC-80 as well as a plugin update that references the new sound effect. These assets are for widescreen.

There's a lot of missing snapshots and cart_disks, and screenscraper's database isn't current. That being said, i have made a script that should trivialize the process of creating new DB files out of a gamelist.xml that can be pulled from the gamelist section of screenscraper.fr's "Skraper" tool.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4sjsl1c52fnkae6/TIC80fullDB.7z/file

I still have yet to adjust the boxcovers too.

Please let m know if there are any issues.

Last edited by chrondelta,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
I whipped up a database and assets for a TIC-80 plugin button. Maybe at some point I'll figure out what @ukigh4ie is talking about with the incorrect image formats. If someone could point out to me the issues, i might be able to fix them. That being said, i seem to be having problems saving things as 32Bit RGBA instead of 24 bit RGB when there are no transparent pixels in the image. So what I submit here is the best i got for now, and it all seems to work for me.

I have also included a sound effect for TIC-80 as well as a plugin update that references the new sound effect. These assets are for widescreen.

There's a lot of missing snapshots and cart_disks, and screenscraper's database isn't current. That being said, i have made a script that should trivialize the process of creating new DB files out of a gamelist.xml that can be pulled from the gamelist section of screenscraper.fr's "Skraper" tool.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wrvpticxtsd2870/TIC80fullDB.7z/file

I still have yet to adjust the boxcovers too.

Please let m know if there are any issues.
OOPS I DIDN"T TEST THIS, i have some fixes to make, sorry yall.

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the problem that the game titles for ScummVM do not respect the set locale (in my case "DE") or possibly do not find it in scummvm.xml. Other plugins work. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ukigh4ie

Beneath a Steel Sky comes preloaded and is looking for SD card path. ScummVM is very picky and tricky when it comes to being stable or WFL even recognizing the games.

Are you running the 2.2.0git version included with the plugins pack and which version of WFL do you have installed?

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Beneath a Steel Sky comes preloaded and is looking for SD card path. ScummVM is very picky and tricky when it comes to being stable or WFL even recognizing the games.

Are you running the 2.2.0git version included with the plugins pack and which version of WFL do you have installed?
The game runs fine, but the game info in WFL does not pick the german part of the database entry from scummvm.xml although it finds the entry of the game.

@fledge68 Pull request with fix is on the way....

Last edited by ukigh4ie,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

antoniotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone and thanks for all the work done. I wanted to know how you show the controllers under the info screen. In the plugins it doesn't show them, even if you change the theme to the default one. Instead in wii and gamecube games yes. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213-112114_crDroid_Home.png
    Screenshot_20221213-112114_crDroid_Home.png
    447 KB · Views: 44

Wiimpathy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone and thanks for all the work done. I wanted to know how you show the controllers under the info screen. In the plugins it doesn't show them, even if you change the theme to the default one. Instead in wii and gamecube games yes. Thank you
It was removed in the official WiiFlow lite version.
Same for the rating /20 that was present in the first test version.

It's fledge68's choice. I agree that the controllers may clutter the screen. And while # of players data is generally accurate, the type of controllers is not.

The rating could have been useful even if it's a very subjective opinion from random people. But sometimes there is a consensus on great games we might not know.
The idea was to sort the games based on ratings, players etc directly in WiiFlow but ... too much work. That's why I've written the createcat stuff instead.

antoniotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I have a problem with the database for n64. I explain, for n64 I activated 3 plugins, not64, wii64 and wii64 rice. not 64 and wii 64 show snapshot, cartdisk and game description instead wii64 rice doesn't show anything nor game information. I tried deleting the offsets.bin and reloading the cache but nothing. I don't know if it can affect but the roms for wii64 rice I don't have in the default folder "roms" but I created another folder "roms_rice", root/wi64/roms_rice. Thank you.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a problem with the database for n64. I explain, for n64 I activated 3 plugins, not64, wii64 and wii64 rice. not 64 and wii 64 show snapshot, cartdisk and game description instead wii64 rice doesn't show anything nor game information. I tried deleting the offsets.bin and reloading the cache but nothing. I don't know if it can affect but the roms for wii64 rice I don't have in the default folder "roms" but I created another folder "roms_rice", root/wi64/roms_rice. Thank you.
You can redirect the path of the wii64 Rice plugin by opening the \wiiflow\plugins\N64\Wii64_rice.ini file and modifying the ROMs path within that file. Then delete the offsets and reload the cache.

Reactions: antoniotnt

antoniotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can redirect the path of the wii64 Rice plugin by opening the \wiiflow\plugins\N64\Wii64_rice.ini file and modifying the ROMs path within that file. Then delete the offsets and reload the cache.
Thank you. I've already changed the roms path in the .ini file, deleted the offset file and reloaded the cache, but nothing shows them.
Post automatically merged:

I solved it by creating another magic number for N64 in the platform.ini. #wii64 57493634=N64 99993634=N64 For wii64 rice I put 99993634 and it works. But isn't there a specific magic number for wii64 rice? 9999 I put it at random.

Last edited by antoniotnt,

antoniotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello I'm trying to add a game to the neogeo cd database .xml but I can not trace the id of the game, on the internet I can not find anything about it. Is there a way to trace the id of the game from the rom? The game is "Futsal - 5 on 5 Mini Soccer ~ PleasureGoal - 5 on 5 Mini Soccer (Japan) (En,Ja)" Thank you.

MANGOM1LK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - looking to try and set this up but unfortunately WiiFlow just enters an infinite loading screen whenever I try to switch over to the plugins section. I'm running as much of my setup from USB as I can, but WiiFlow itself is on the SD card. Could this be why I'm having trouble? [EDIT: yes, this is why I was having trouble. I'm not sure if moving the Wiiflow app itself to USB would fix the problem but I'm just running everything off of SD for now]

Also, is there a way to set up plugins without having to use a pack? I can find no information online about how the plugin system works, so I'm sort of stuck installing a lot more stuff than I actually plan on using (I only have roms for NES, SNES, and Mega Drive + Wii/GC which I was already using Wiiflow for)

Last edited by MANGOM1LK,

Sonico98

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright here's a full database, snapshots, and cartdisk for the PICO-8. Some snapshots are missing. And the database itself is also missing some Celeste ROMHacks, which i may try to add after eating dinner. I verified the XML this time. This also includes a blank boxart for PICO8. Integrate this into the main post however seems sensible to everyone.
Hate to be that guy, but could you please reupload this? Thank you! (I removed the url from the original post because I'm a newbie and thus can't post links)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1