Hacking WiiFlow and DML - loads disc in drive?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently trying to get GCN backups working on my Wii, but to no avail. I have DML 2.10 Real NAND installed, and formatted my SD card to FAT32 64KB clusters. I'm using WiiFlow 4.1.3 from here: https://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list

This is a fresh install, all previous configs were wiped. Now, I can set it to load from my SD card (no other config changes were made) and I can see the test game that I threw on there (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles), but when I load it, it goes and loads the GCN game that's in the disc drive (PacMan World 2). Without a disc in the drive I get an error saying something along the lines of apploader size is zero. I'm not entirely sure why it's doing that, but hopefully someone here who has a grasp of how this works could help me out. I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: I read now that the disc in the drive for DML is unnecessary, so I've removed it. I installed PacMan World 2 through WiiFlow so I know that it dumped perfectly, but after ejecting the disc and trying to load the game I'm getting "Fatal error apploader size is zero!". This is confusing and frustrating, considering that I'm using the latest versions of everything and still getting the issue. More research!

EDIT(2): Tried a 4GB SD card formatted FAT (not FAT32), 64KB clusters, just copied data from my 16GB card. It worked! Now I just need to figure out why.

EDIT(3): I'm suspecting that it's an incompatibility with DML and my SD card (ADATA Class 10 16GB). I'm going to backup all my games, format my hard drive, re-arrange the partitions, and install DM and see if that works. Gonna take a long time to do (lots of files on those hard drives, USB2.0 can only go so fast), so I'll update when it's done.

EDIT(FINAL): Well, looks like it was an incompatibility with my SD card. I switched to DM, formatted my hard drive properly, and I'm enjoying Tales of Symphonia as we speak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: