OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cbfd1.jpg

cbfd2.jpg

http://emulatemii.com/wordpress/?p=388

So what if it's 2-3FPS? It's progress. Can't wait for this.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its great news, and obviously a lot of work went into it. but before you moisten up your panties too much, look at the fps. 3fps doesnt put those games into the playable category yet.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
True. But it manages to capture the eye far more than just a "now with better framerates" message. And by slapping the FPS on the screenies, it certainly won't raise unrealistic expectations.
smile.gif

The fact that wiisx is still in the works (and with good improvements) is also nice to hear.

Finally...anyone wanna guess what the secret project is?
smile.gif

NewFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm most looking forward to playing Goldeneye at full speed (hopefully). Never played Conkers but I've heard its an epic classic. If I could get Goldeneye fullspeed with netplay for multiplayer I would jump for joy. But I think netplay is probably out of the realm of possibility at this stage.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NewFang said:
I'm most looking forward to playing Goldeneye at full speed (hopefully). Never played Conkers but I've heard its an epic classic. If I could get Goldeneye fullspeed with netplay for multiplayer I would jump for joy. But I think netplay is probably out of the realm of possibility at this stage.
But you can play Goldeneye on the Wii already they made it for it.

Centimetro

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
im not so much looking forward to Conker for this release, because it will likely be one of the hardest games to emulate at full speed. But I am hopeful that the new graphics plugin will fix the many games that had acceptable speeds, but bad graphical glitches. Also looking forward to speed improvements for those games that were running at "ok" speeds before

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I think 3FPS is with the interpreter core, they say in the new article that they are (completely ?) rewriting the dynarec core so maybe you can expect more "playable" speed in some way.
What they are doing is incredible work imo considering this is still the only emulator project here that involves Wii-specific optimizations and code, not just simple C or SDL code porting.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoomph said:
Fishaman P said:
NO. EFFIN. WAY.

Hi-res textures on the Wii? Come on, don't expect more than 5 FPS.
Whoa there. Who said Hi-res textures?
Chill out.

On the actual blog post, they're also using Rice's video plugin, which is also what's making the textures possible, but I'm not into the hi-res texture idea, I just wanna play the games.
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant