Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

Daxa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WEll I went in, deleted the update partition, converted to wbfs, transfered to hdd with wiibackup, then I used ios 222, loaded metroid. And still freezes at baby crying scene...anyone know anything? :/

miyagiCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, I'm stuck on the boss fight in Room MW of the Bioweapon Research Center. Any ideas as to how to beat this metroid spewing lizard-like son of a bitch?
frown.gif

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
miyagiCE said:
Hi guys, I'm stuck on the boss fight in Room MW of the Bioweapon Research Center. Any ideas as to how to beat this metroid spewing lizard-like son of a bitch?
frown.gif

Freeze the Metroids, kill them off with missiles then you should figure it out

miyagiCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SnAQ said:
miyagiCE said:
frown.gif

Nope, still don't get it. :/ He briefly gets up onto his rear feet, but I don't see any missile targets or anything on his front while he does it.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
miyagiCE said:
SnAQ said:
miyagiCE said:
frown.gif

Nope, still don't get it. :/ He briefly gets up onto his rear feet, but I don't see any missile targets or anything on his front while he does it.

Freeze the metroids with a charged attack, kill them with missiles,when it´s just you and the boss target him around his face (i belive) and shoot Then comes a cutscene, then shoot him in the stomach and then grapple beam inside his mouth and bomb him (real fast, otherwise you´ll die)

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
looks like im not the only one having trouble getting that last freakin missile in bioweapons research LOL

But so far I noticed theres mophball holes in the walls left and right to it. In the room behind the window to the right of it, theres a hole in the bottom o_o
And then if you go to the lower part of this room and look up in that corner you can see another one, which you can't reach however, so I guess this is where you come out after u pick it up....

x___X

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
marjan1337 said:
looks like im not the only one having trouble getting that last freakin missile in bioweapons research LOL

But so far I noticed theres mophball holes in the walls left and right to it. In the room behind the window to the right of it, theres a hole in the bottom o_o
And then if you go to the lower part of this room and look up in that corner you can see another one, which you can't reach however, so I guess this is where you come out after u pick it up....

x___X

Im guessing you have to enter from below to get that missile, but im not sure about it.
But PLEASE, if you do figure it out PLEASE send me a Private Message here since im dying to get it and get 100%
And ofcourse i´ll do the same.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Daxa said:
WEll I went in, deleted the update partition, converted to wbfs, transfered to hdd with wiibackup, then I used ios 222, loaded metroid. And still freezes at baby crying scene...anyone know anything? :/

Get the other ISO, the baby cry freeze only seems to be happening with the Wiitard PROPER release (which has now been nuked too).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you Nintendo and team ninja for this mediocre release. and for killing the metroid franchise.
I think this game is a huge step back in quality comparing to the prime series.
Bad texturing, bad sounds, bad AI bad way of getting items. If this was another game with another name and another action figure I would'nt bother playing it.
Plus the way the game is set up in semi 3D, makes the game look like shit.
Makes me remember the Unreal Tounament Editor ...... It just looks empty and bland close ups look terrible.

AND I WAS A HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE METROID FAN !!!
Untill this..... Team ninja does'nt underdstand Nintendo gamers look for details and a certain level of quality.
VERY POORLY DONE GAME, Should be top notch.
Now it's just a mediocre action game.....Stabbed me in the hart.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
Thank you Nintendo and team ninja for this mediocre release. and for killing the metroid franchise.
I think this game is a huge step back in quality comparing to the prime series.
Bad texturing, bad sounds, bad AI bad way of getting items. If this was another game with another name and another action figure I woul,nt bother playing it.

AND I WAS A HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE METROID FAN !!!
Untill this..... Team ninja does'nt underdtand Nintendo gamers look for details.
VERY POORLY DONE GAME, Should be top notch.

The strangest thing is that Nintendo has to like it, otherwise it wouldnt have been released.

Well, i loved the game actually but that probally because i hated the Prime game and loved Metroid & Super Metroid so im just glad to finally be playing a new Metroid.

But i really hope that Nintendo decides to create a new Metroid game on their own next time, and make it as epic as Super Metroid.

JeySee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SnAQ said:
marjan1337 said:

x___X

Im guessing you have to enter from below to get that missile, but im not sure about it.
But PLEASE, if you do figure it out PLEASE send me a Private Message here since im dying to get it and get 100%
And ofcourse i´ll do the same.
Just finished 100%,
take a look at the middle of the room and enter the display/pillar from behind.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BobTheJoeBob said:
I'm still confused as to why people are comparing this to the prime series.

Not comparing the game its self.
But the quality and amount of work put in it by the developers.
I just don't feel the atmosphere with this. Flimsy storybuilding upon Super metroid.
Also It does'nt even compare to super metroid in any way.

I miss the signature metroids tune when getting items. I miss the free roaming, looking for items.
Plus I know the graphics can be better overall than an old Gamecube game...But they did'nt do it.
The art in Other M is bad. How can some creatures fly?. In prime ( and super metroid ) you could see WHY they could fly.
In this game some creatures are just animated flying balls ( geezers ). Awefull.
Every creature in this game is hostile against Samus.
Also some creatures come magically to life when using a switch.....DUMB
Plants look terrible lighting look terrible.
When samus stands and shoots, the fire is'nt in line with her blaster, when she kneels is't fine.
When you focus on things, the lights in that room magically are removed of the bloom affect. ( why?)
When there is room for the morphball in passages for balljump you can't balljump. Sometimes the ball doe'snt make contact with the floor but can still move.
In general the ball physics are bad.
In focus mode, the blaster cannot fire as fast as in 2D mode + it looks like a toy ( fire is to small)
In some point you have to point to the screen to use missles, would be better if you could use them in 2D.( makes more sense ).
You can regenerate energy and missles by concentrating, not by collecting ( why ? )
THERe ARE TOILETS IN THIS GAME WICH HOLD EXPANSIONS.
Mirrors don't reflect.
Everyting is predictable, uninteresting story.
You don't shoot doors to open them anymore.
CGI is nice....

Does'nt compare to older and newer metroid games. Especially comparing to the VERY HIGH quality from past games.
This game is easy, a lot of people have allready finished it with 100% and no problem.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
I'm still confused as to why people are comparing this to the prime series.

Not comparing the game its self.
But the quality and amount of work put in it by the developers.
I just don't feel the atmosphere with this. Flimsy storybuilding on Super metroid.
Also It does'nt even compare to super metroid in any way.

I miss the signature metrois tune when getting items. Imiss the free roaming.
PLus I know the graphics can be better overall than an old Gamecube game...But they did'nt do it.
The art in Other M is bad. How can some creatures fly?. In prime ( and super metroid ) you could see WHY they could fly.
In this game some creatures are just animated flying balls ( geezers ). Awefull.
Also some creatures come magically to life when using a switch.....DUMB
Plants look terrible lighting look terrible.
When samus stands and shoots, the fire is'nt in line with her blaster, when she kneels is't fine.
When you focus on things, the lights in that room magically are removed of the bloom affect. ( why?)
When there is room for the morphball in passages you can't balljump. Sometimes the ball doe'snt make contact with the floor but can still move.
In general the ball physics are bad.
In focus mode, the blaster cannot fire an fast as in 2D mode + it looks like a toy ( fire is to small)
In some point you have to point to the screen to use missles, would be better if you could use them in 2D.( makes more sense ).
You can regenerate energy and missles by concentrating, not by collecting ( why ? )
THERe ARE TOILETS IN THIS GAME WICH HOLD EXPANSIONS.
Mirrors don't reflect.
Everyting is predictable, uninteresting story.

Doe'nt compare to older and newer metroid games. Especially comparing to the VERY HIGH quality from past games.
Most of what you just said is just being nit picky.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Most of what you just said is just being nit picky".

I know, but i also expected something better. It could be better.
As I said "we"look for details and a certain level of quality.
Lose the movies and release on Wiiware.

Anthinator

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if someone could help me out here. I have a brand new retail copy of the game (for those wondering, I work at a rental store where we can try out games on the weekend before release) and the game STILL locks up at the cutscene after the tutorial where it has a close up of Samus' eyes.

I modded my Wii earlier this year and only installed cioscorp so i can play backups through the disc channel. After trying a few backups I was encountering slow load times and freezes and kind of regretted installing cioscorp. Metroid: Other M asked for a system update before playing so I let it update to System Menu 4.3. As expected my Homebrew Channel was gone and I probably DVDX too.

I guess what I'm asking is, could it be possible cioscorp still remains on my system and is affecting my retail games as well? I only know the bare minimum when it comes to modding Wii's, so any help would be appreciated.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This game is not so bad, but while I'm playing it all I can think of is to switch it off and replay Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Don't get me wrong, I played every Metroid game out there since the original in 1986 ( which I got second hand from a friend in high school in 1987, I'm that old....) and although I appreciate the idea of going back to the basics , I think it was poorly executed.
The graphics are to dark, the cut scenes to long and because of the not collecting anymore weapons and energy the game lost it's trademark exploration feel and it's not worth it anymore to go back to a room full of respawning enemies in order to kill them and collect more energy and missiles .
So it's actually a lot different then what I expected.
Plus come on, Metroid is famous for it's peculiar sound effects when you collect items and such, and with that gone it doesn't feel the same.
I'll finish it, just like I finished Fusion ( and any other metroid title out there ) , but I'm not impressed.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get all items now that i beat the story mode.Some are tough,and i dont have a walkthrough or anything.Has anyone made a guide yet? I know IGN has started one,but they are slow.I found out how slow they are with walkthroughs from Super Mario Galaxy 2.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys,i have a good bit of items left for Sector 1 and Sector 3,but since i only have 2 left in sector 2,(or atleast thats showing on the map) i need help with them,cause they are hard.

The first one is this. http://img683.imageshack.us/i/0829101333.jpg/ The screen is at the bottem of the map right now,and the item is the orb in the middle of the picture.I couldnt find out how to get to it.Anyone know how?

And heres the secand one. http://img844.imageshack.us/i/0829101333a.jpg/ I have it so0mewhat at the top right now.I went there several times,the map said i was right at it,but i couldnt find it anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F