Hacking Wii Update: 3.3U Out

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wad manager was made to boot into a CIOS (249) if it detects it, you can still use it without it prior to this update.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Forcystos said:
So basically I'm screwed? Is there no hope for those who updated?
frown.gif
just wait. I'm sure some fix will be there soon. Let's wait for marcan and his crew for HBC 9. or bootmii.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank gawd I didn't update...just disconnected my Wii from my wireless network.

I guess that's me safe for now?

I did have the custom CIOS installed but I'm not taking any chances lol

Cheers to the guys who updated and sussed out all of the new probs. It's really appreciated and I really hope some new hack/solution comes out soon for you.

madTaMsKi

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pLemming said:
It's beginning to a look a little dire for updated Wiis without any homebrew channel on them.
I hope not, I want to play GHWT and I'm pretty sure that's gonna need an update, but I don't want to lose my homebrew either

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madtamski said:
Thank gawd I didn't update...just disconnected my Wii from my wireless network.

I guess that's me safe for now?

I did have the custom CIOS installed but I'm not taking any chances lol

Cheers to the guys who updated and sussed out all of the new probs. It's really appreciated and I really hope some new hack/solution comes out soon for you.

madTaMsKi
You can't brick from a CIOS IIRC.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So what do you guys think? Will this spell the end of wii homebrew? Or will a workaround be found shortly?

On another note, the Twilight Hack still works, so those of us who updated before installing HBC can still use homebrew.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THey only thing that is going to end hombrew is Nintendo going all out to finish it off. Or Bushing and the OG Homebrew not wanting to update it. The are against piracy and in the end will just be helping it indirectly.
Which they really don't want to do. I don't know what all the want to attempt on the WII.
So when the done everything that want to do Homebrew wise. I think the will stop working on a workaround. Move on to the next thing.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
midna25 said:
So what do you guys think? Will this spell the end of wii homebrew? Or will a workaround be found shortly?

On another note, the Twilight Hack still works, so those of us who updated before installing HBC can still use homebrew.

Not if you dont update. Just wait they will find a way. Untill then no wii shop channel is all

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Marcan has mentioned in this thread that they are working on a solution to the Homebrew Channel installation issue...

Wii Update: 3.4 Out

marcan said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
never said they did, but Nintendo doesn't MAKE you upgrade you make that decision to do so weather it be for channel update(s) or what have you... before you update your Wii or install apps/programs that could be potentially dangerous to your Wii you should research, if not problems like the ones posted in this thread can/will occur
Doesn't help new homebrew users who updated before they knew.

QUOTE(Screemer @ Oct 23 2008, 03:24 PM) am i right here and are you guys working on a solution for that?
Yes, yes.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
midna25 said:

there is always hope, as long as the Wii homebrew scene has coders willing to dedicate time and effort towards finding ways of getting homebrew apps/games/ect. running on unmodded Wiis, homebrew for the Wii will never die

i followed the psp homebrew scene for years and every time there was an update people said the same thing stated above, same goes with emus "oh there will never be a N64 emu for psp or a PSX emu or a downgrader for FW 2.71+" well guess what they are still making downgraders/cfw/unbrickers/emus/ect. so just have a little faith and patience and we will see great things for the Wii and not even "N" can stop us

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, current games won't need it - but future ones will, and will be bundled with the update on the disc.

Personally, I'm just sticking with (old) 3.3 until further developments. I'm looking forward to bootmii - sounds like that'll make things about as stable as softmod original xbox :~)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is possible that tools like GeckoOS could still be used in the future to bypass this update on any game that has it, so they may not "require" the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place