Hacking Wii U - vWii - WiiGSC V1.06b - Not working on WII U?

Sirstiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys as the title suggest, i can't get this working on Wii U's vWii.

Has anyone been successful? I want to be able to test game-banner wads before I install them...

Seeing as there is no way to unbrick banner brick Wii Us?

I can't seem to get my homebrew browser to respond to it's corresponding I.P address.

does vWii use a different port for homebrew now? The default port is :192.XX.XX.XX : 4299.

Any help would be much appreciated!

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use wad installation programs designed for a physical wii! I know this isn't exactly your question but your heading down that path. Anything involving WAD installations or tampering with the vWii "firmware" absolutely needs to be done using software specific to the vWii. Many things (in regards to firmware) have changed, between what's on a physical Wii and the vWii that comes on the Wii U. You are likely to brick or semi-brick the vWii on your console if you are not careful. Just a little tip.

As for the homebrew browser, I have yet to do any testing with that, but theoretically, it "should" run exactly the same as it did before on an actual wii. I don't believe anything would've changed regarding this. Have you checked out your own network at home? Perhaps there is a conflict with your network setup. Just throwing in my 2 cents. Perhaps somebody else who has dealt with running the homebrew browser on the vWii could chime in?

Sirstiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There may be. In my Wii U, i have specified that the Wii U use a certain address.

To verify this, Homebrew (vWii) also states that is it sharing the same IP address as my Wii U

This address is in the WiiGSC launcher settings.

I have also opened or allowed ports 4299 and 8080 in my router. (this is used by homebrew and the wii u)

Technically this should all work but it doesn't.

I just want the factory gamechannel banners in my vWii homescreen like i had with my wii, having to skip always entering Usb Loaders and such. Looks nicer too.

I am aware that Mario Party 9 and Skyward Sword have a big potential to bannerbrick, so those going down the same path be wary, i successfully installed these channels with a slightly modified wad on my old Wii.

I get a feeling that WiiGSC needs to be updated :P. It's one of the best programs to use, and allows you to test for bannerbrick.

Note: I am trying wirelessly, the same method which worked on my wii.

It may only work via a wired connection. I do not have a usb-ethernet adapter or a long enough cable to test.
Should it work only via wired, then that's inconvenient :P.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a specific procedure for installing forwarder channels on the vWii safely. From what I understand, actual full channel installations are extremely risky on the vWii (due to memory address changes and what not). Your best bet would be to just stick to that procedure for now, to avoid possible bricking/semi-bricking of virtual wii mode on your Wii U. I know forwarder channels aren't ideal, but this is the method long confirmed as being safe to do. Just throw whatever dol files you need to link to on the sd card that you use on your Wii U most often and forget about it.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a specific procedure for installing forwarder channels on the vWii safely. From what I understand, actual full channel installations are extremely risky on the vWii (due to memory address changes and what not). Your best bet would be to just stick to that procedure for now, to avoid possible bricking/semi-bricking of virtual wii mode on your Wii U. I know forwarder channels aren't ideal, but this is the method long confirmed as being safe to do. Just throw whatever dol files you need to link to on the sd card that you use on your Wii U most often and forget about it.

If you search around on this forum, I'm sure you will find the procedure for installing forwarder channels safely

Sirstiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forwarder channels is easy. It's forwarding games onto the main menu that has become annoying since WiiGSC doesn't work for wii u.

It's risky as WiiGSC would test installation wads prior to install and now we cant do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)