Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently storing Loadiine versions of games and the NUS versions...and I'm running out of space on my PC. Has anyone speculated and/or confirmed which format will be used once we have IOUS/CFW and ticket generating capabilities. I'm trying to hold on to both versions, so I'm ready.

It seems that there are certain games in one format and not the other, so I'm wondering if maybe both formats will be supported?
If you just store the WUP (NUS) versions with the ticket, you can always decrypt the to Loadiine version later with Cdecrypt or New-NUSgrabber.
Kept the Loadiine versions for the games without WUP.

Trophies
Country
Canada
upload_2016-10-25_17-28-44.png
Well, I guess I will see you guys in an hour and 10 minutes to let you know Watch Dogs is working...
Man I hate my internet. I get 4.5mb/s down on my PS4, but only 600kb/s down on my computer??? Makes no sense. It shows a lower speed in the pic, but it bumped up to around 620kb/s-ish

isira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So say that I own a disk copy of Mario kart 8 and have save data on my internal memory. But I then want to install the digital copy. What do I do specifically with the save data? Do I copy the save data to my usb drive and then install the game to my usb? Will this overwrite my internal save or my usb save data? Or am I supposed to do something else to make sure my current save data is not lost?
This is answered in the OP.

Reactions: OfficialBrony

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just store the WUP (NUS) versions with the ticket, you can always decrypt the to Loadiine version later with Cdecrypt or New-NUSgrabber.
Kept the Loadiine versions for the games without WUP.
Thank you both for this info...definitely makes sense!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait... You can install Loadiine Ready backups???
Also, what do you mean by "format"??
I have just been using this software and I barely had any problems.

Super Mario 3D World (Just installed, Miiverse works fine)
Pokken Tournament (Updated with the on-screen prompt on the Game Pad) (Online works fine)
Splatoon (Updated with the on-screen prompt on the Game Pad) (Online works fine)
Super Mario Maker (Updated with the on-screen prompt on the Game Pad) (Online works fine)
No...I still have the Loadiine backups saved though. Trying to figure out if I can delete those. I'll keep the WUP versions of most of the games and then only keep Loadiine versions for games that aren't on WUP.

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan
For error FFFFF825, you can also try reformatting the SD card.

I had a game that fully checked out OK. No 0 sized files. I redownloaded from NUS and it had the same CRC32 as the one I kept getting errors on.
I reformatted the SD card with 32k blocks (it was 64k, but I don't know if that was the issue.)
I had done a lot of deleting and copying on the SD card so it could have been fragmented.
The 6GB game installed fine after the format.

Reactions: Cyan

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 67115 Well, I guess I will see you guys in an hour and 10 minutes to let you know Watch Dogs is working...
Man I hate my internet. I get 4.5mb/s down on my PS4, but only 600kb/s down on my computer??? Makes no sense. It shows a lower speed in the pic, but it bumped up to around 620kb/s-ish
Maybe ps4 has 5g technology and computer only has 3g(or whatever )

Oshae93

Laying Down The Law
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can wup installer install games from other locations besides the sd card? Xenoblade is too big for my wii's 16gb sd card.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the size for New Super Mario Bros. U
I download one from MEGA has
@Cyan
For error FFFFF825, you can also try reformatting the SD card.

I had a game that fully checked out OK. No 0 sized files. I redownloaded from NUS and it had the same CRC32 as the one I kept getting errors on.
I reformatted the SD card with 32k blocks (it was 64k, but I don't know if that was the issue.)
I had done a lot of deleting and copying on the SD card so it could have been fragmented.
The 6GB game installed fine after the format.
I downloaded mario kart 8 from that iso site. And didn't work ( FFFFF825 ). But in same thread i download many games and works.

So i used Nus and download mario kart 8 and works.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Jnus just downloaded "game name" and inside the folder was 3 folders... where do I put them on the sdcard with the ticket
For JNUStool, Make sure you specified -dlEncrypted, not -dlencrypted. Also, if you didn't enter a title key along with the ID, you probably downloaded an update (0005000E instead of 00050000)

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I moved one game every time to install\filesInHere

I tried 5 games, one every time and your WUPInstaller always says "You can't install games you didn't buy".
For the million time, that error means your download isn't complete!

Redownload or use another tool.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NSMB+Luigi is over 10 GB, I think it's 12 or so.
Some say it is because of some movies or something.
It's stupid that they did that when both games separately take up 4GB at most together.
It's 13.6GB!

I kid you not, one of the videos is over 1GB (2 minutes) ! And there're tons of them! :O

Last edited by AboodXD,
Reactions: OfficialBrony

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: i played splatoon yesterday for the first time in like 2 weeks