Hardware Wii U turns off by its own?

abda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I was going to play Wiimifi with my friend and my Wii U turns off unexpectedly on its own and I cannot have a smooth experience playing it!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would test the power brick. I think that's the psu for the wii u. if that's not it, I'd see if it's overheating somehow. make sure the vents aren't covered. I originally had my wii u upside down, but it didn't harm it. I have it the right way now. it's been like that for a couple of years or so.

abda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I would test the power brick. I think that's the psu for the wii u. if that's not it, I'd see if it's overheating somehow. make sure the vents aren't covered. I originally had my wii u upside down, but it didn't harm it. I have it the right way now. it's been like that for a couple of years or so.
I tried an official ac adapter I recently found and it has been working pretty well till now

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, the vents should be on top if the the system is vertical, which is how I made that mistake as my system is using the rubber feet or whatever. make sure the wii u isn't upside down where the vents are on the bottom. it's easy to make that mistake.

try another power brick.

abda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
btw, the vents should be on top if the the system is vertical, which is how I made that mistake as my system is using the rubber feet or whatever. make sure the wii u isn't upside down where the vents are on the bottom. it's easy to make that mistake.

try another power brick.
Yes the official ac adapter I found works better than the 3rd party one I got, My Wii U isn't turning off anymore. Thanks! and I am using the Wii U rubber feet.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, third party stuff works pretty badly sometimes with Nintendo consoles. after reading about issues with third party docks and the switch, I bought an official dock from Nintendo for around $90. my hackable switch is using it, but it's not plugged in. it's on the headboard above my bed. I don't plan on selling it at this time, and I don't want to hack any of my three switches. this one can be hacked without a modchip too, so I'm keeping it for now. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I'm going to lunch with my dad at noon.