Homebrew Wii U Pro Controller as GameCube Controller in Wii mode?

ZLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen several posts about the complications of emulating a Wii U Pro Controller as a Classic Controller, but several homebrew applications are able to successfully emulate the U Pro as a GameCube controller. Is there any way to get this functionality in a Wii game? Instead of having the system recognize it as a CC, can we get it to recognize it as a GameCube controller?

Would there be any way to patch a game such as Brawl or Project M (which support GameCube controllers)?

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quote from Fix94, whom developed libwupc which is used by the homebrew apps.

So, you guys want to know why wii games cant be controlled that easly with a wiiu pro controller?
Every game on itself has a bluetooth library built in, so in order to support the pro controller you would need to add code to every game you have. Now that is of course possible with alot of reverse engineering and creating general patch patterns, the bluetooth library is from the sdk which only few versions are there. If you got those patches you could add code into 0x80001800 which gives you a few kb of free memory which is used right now for cheats, so basically you could give up cheats and instead use patches for the pro controller. Now if anyone wants to go through that, I dont know.

I'd love to play Wii games with the Wii U Pro controller myself, but it doesn't seem too likely to happen unless somebody devotes some serious time to making it happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello