Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No ,I think it manage saves.

Save data still isn't related to tickets, which do control whether you have access to the game or not. marcan specifically said that Wii IOS had a facility in place for invalidating tickets after a certain amount of time or number of uses, something that's useful for demos. I would expect IOSU to be similar enough.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Save data still isn't related to tickets, which do control whether you have access to the game or not. marcan specifically said that Wii IOS had a facility in place for invalidating tickets after a certain amount of time or number of uses, something that's useful for demos. I would expect IOSU to be similar enough.

So this means only IOSU exploit can give us that possibility. How about gave saves? is it same thing ? if I want to have things unlocked in my game, do we need IOSU exploit for that too ?

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cafe OS control is enough to let us edit game saves, since we can hook the save file API.
so it means we will need the kernel exploit for that.
If I'm not wrong I think you are keeping the kernel exploit until it gets patched by N ? which I think it's good anyway, it might make the homebrew development slow but it'll give us users possibility to use it on higher firmwares.

Kinnay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MrRean, I saw that kinnay has updated his sm3d world editor, would it be possible for you to try rotating some object or resizing them and checking if it works with caffine :D ?
That's what we're trying, but so far the game either loaded the original level without changes or it crashed.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marcan also said that nintendo havent used that feature

At the time, but that was all the way back in 2008.

so it means we will need the kernel exploit for that.
If I'm not wrong I think you are keeping the kernel exploit until it gets patched by N ? which I think it's good anyway, it might make the homebrew development slow but it'll give us users possibility to use it on higher firmwares.

Yeah, it does require the kernel exploit. That being said, most homebrew can be done in userspace, without the kernel exploit. What's really needed is documenting the graphics and audio APIs for Cafe OS, and that sadly hasn't been done enough.

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How can I contribute ideas/code changes to libwiiu?
Does someone have to "invite" me or something like that? :wacko:
I didn't use Github that much... :rolleyes:

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last edited by JaceCearK1,

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a year ago the Wii U bootrom was dumped online, some drama ensued, etc...

What's missing for it to be possible for a Wii U to boot into its exploited state and not have to execute the browser exploit every time? Prolly been asked before but I can't find it

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a year ago the Wii U bootrom was dumped online, some drama ensued, etc...

What's missing for it to be possible for a Wii U to boot into its exploited state and not have to execute the browser exploit every time? Prolly been asked before but I can't find it

Not yet, that will require a level of IOSU exploitation that hasn't been reached.

Reactions: uyjulian and daicon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3