Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just plugged my Wii U in that I bought about a year ago just to replace a gamepad on my sons console which is on Mario Kart 5.1.2 (?) . The old Wii U has 3.0.1. No surprise there.

I walked into Game Stop yesterday and they had a pre-owned Wii U that I ended up getting for $150.00. Plugged it in last night and it had 3.0.1 as well. I feel like we are in a good place.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a dumb question but didn't really want to make a new thread for it, so here goes:
I know the WiiU Pro Controller works with Nintendont, and it works really well. So here's what I'm wondering, would it be (theoretically speaking) possible to make Classic Controller compatible Wii games work with said controller through an USB loader? I'm no coder or programmer or whatever, but it'd be a neat little thing, even if it's far from being a priority.

Reactions: Margen67

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dumb question but didn't really want to make a new thread for it, so here goes:
I know the WiiU Pro Controller works with Nintendont, and it works really well. So here's what I'm wondering, would it be (theoretically speaking) possible to make Classic Controller compatible Wii games work with said controller through an USB loader? I'm no coder or programmer or whatever, but it'd be a neat little thing, even if it's far from being a priority.
Its not gonna happen except (maybe) with an IOSU exploit, but even then, idk because if the way Wii games are coded....

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its not gonna happen except (maybe) with an IOSU exploit, but even then, idk because if the way Wii games are coded....
I see. Oh well. Another question (not gonna lie, I didn't really look into it): is the WiiU Pro Controller compatible with the various retro console emulators, like VBA GX and such?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Oh well. Another question (not gonna lie, I didn't really look into it): is the WiiU Pro Controller compatible with the various retro console emulators, like VBA GX and such?
It all depends. Somebody (cant remember who atm) created a library for adding support for the WUPC to Wii/vWii homebrew a while back. Some emulators added support officially (or unofficially) while others have not. Best to do some googling for each emulator you want to use beforehand so you dont waste your time messing around with it :P.

Also, not to be rude, but this is completely off topic. This thread is for hackers and devs to discuss hacking for U mode.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I may as well update you all. The first bug was a dud, we're currently looking into another one. Exception Handlers with Stack Traces are very useful.

I would clarify to say that it's not quite a dud. It may well be exploitable, but its behavior has been difficult to figure out and we're trying with a different bug right now.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
a hacker is simply a person that circunvents the problem instead of solving it. there are many types of hackers. the most common ones are software and hardware hackers, i guess
I think that makes me a life hacker. I always seem to circumvent lifes problems rather than solve them! .lol

dauphin327

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to make an aimbot or something once you release the exploit, but how do we use the sdk directly from the wii u, how you access the linkable libraries?

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to