Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh yeah it looks like all files are needed to work from the quick lookover I did, not sure how the DLC works. Also, they use the exact same formats (except maybe little endian vs big endian, haven't looked that closely), so it shouldn't be difficult, it's getting the game to deliver it correctly with all the menus and online that's the difficult part.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Installing a Homebrew Channel to the Wii U System Menu itself will require IOS exploit, I believe (distinct from the kernel exploit).

Presumably something similar will be possible for the webkit exploit itself, though.

Reactions: Margen67

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh yeah it looks like all files are needed to work from the quick lookover I did, not sure how the DLC works. Also, they use the exact same formats (except maybe little endian vs big endian, haven't looked that closely), so it shouldn't be difficult, it's getting the game to deliver it correctly with all the menus and online that's the difficult part.
All the mods and things are reliant on a PC on the same network interrupting the files on the disk and replacing them with files on the computer right? That's what the caffine tool is?

I think something was mentioned about SD card support or USB. Does that mean it would be possible to use this stuff without PC after its all loaded and stuff? I hate my custom built corneria level, its not right at all. But, however custom levels work could 3ds corneria, or brawl port or anything be saved permanently?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily, the goal is to provide the same functionality as Riivolution, which is the ability to add files to the filesystem (should work with the current Cafiine revision, since it'll check with my computer first), replacing files, and stuff like memory patches (which I'll probably add support for).
However, the end product for Cafiine is to use USB to load files, yes.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Not necessarily, the goal is to provide the same functionality as Riivolution, which is the ability to add files to the filesystem (should work with the current Cafiine revision, since it'll check with my computer first), replacing files, and stuff like memory patches (which I'll probably add support for).
However, the end product for Cafiine is to use USB to load files, yes.

just checking something, am I right to assume that you want to release a tool that will be able to inject new files to a filesystem and replace existing files on a filesystem (as for the file system, let's say the wii u disk reader file system) ?

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Not necessarily me, but yes.

ok, so if i read between the lines, it would de facto allow both mods for games (please, someone make a "rainbow roads" cup for MK8, having 3 retro Rainbow Road tracks and the MK8 one at the end, *wink*wink*) and also enable piracy (with files replacement and files injection, one could inject decrypted games FS into a game at disc launch, with USB loading, it would be a viable "solution" for piracy...?).

this reply has by NO means the goal of starting yet another Piracy debate, i just want to confirm 1 thing about my hypothesis above :
Is my line of though more or less accurate (any technical stuff that would prevent either mods (file signature checks or something?) or piracy loaders (ticket missing or something) ) ?

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
What we are REALLY waiting for is ios exploit anyway. Kernel is just for bridging that time in between :D
The same IOSU exploit that Marcan used to obtain keys etc. is known already to hykem. Presumably he can already achieve it but is holding back releasing his work/attempt at it until we get enough development on the kernel exploit.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
The same IOSU exploit that Marcan used to obtain keys etc. is known already to hykem. Presumably he can already achieve it but is holding back releasing his work/attempt at it until we get enough development on the kernel exploit.
If that was true, Im most sure he would announce something. My is guess he got stuck somewhere on the way to exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1