Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could move my Wii U workspace off of my old PC and install IDA again to check, but I don't really feel like burning time on that at the moment. Manually building ELFs from RPLs sucks.

Well, I hope someone can find the time, I'm really curious :P Failing that, hope there will eventually be a method for firmware spoofing.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting on Wii U key

Thanks for the contribution to the discussion.

It's probably fine if NWP says it's fine, then. I'll double-check once I get a chance, still.
Yay, 5.3.2 homebrew time :D

Don't you know how to compare some binaries if you're able to do webkit exploits and ROP on an embedded system? I don't want to sound harsh, but I figured you'd know by now.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations, you caused another thread derailment! :yay: BTW, in case you hadn't noticed, but no one really gives a damn about the whole "it's better to use the original hardware/games" argument. You couldn't hack your way out of a paper bag with that damning attitude. By all means, spare us your frivolous lectures. I download whatever the hell I want. :creep:

He's being sarcastic. I actually support the original-hardware-is-better attitude, but that's because I'm a collector and like RGB CRTs over LCDs and such, it's got nothing to do with morals regarding piracy of older software.

Reactions: pelago

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's being sarcastic. I actually support the original-hardware-is-better attitude, but that's because I'm a collector and like RGB CRTs over LCDs and such, it's got nothing to do with morals regarding piracy of older software.

Whoops :sad: Original hardware is all well and good, but I'm not a collector nor am I rich/made of cash, so....that's unfeasible, given my situation. I personally couldn't care less either way.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
5.3.2 updated the kernel (OSv11)
5.3.1 updated the browser and miiverse
5.3.0 updated the kernel, browser and a few other things

Each of these might or might not have fixed exploits in either the browser or kernel.

The best advise I can give is to stay on whatever version you are and then once a exploit is out update to the supported version via a game.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kernel exploit would give you elevated privileges to do things not currently possible in userspace.

But since it appears to be patched in 5.3.2, this means anyone on firmware prior to 5.3.2 are shit out of luck, doomed to never be able to play newer games that require new firmware. And believe me, games released this year will require new firmware.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But since it appears to be patched in 5.3.2, this means anyone on firmware prior to 5.3.2 are shit out of luck, doomed to never be able to play newer games that require new firmware. And believe me, games released this year will require new firmware.

Ohh, don't be so pessimistic. Other exploits will be found. Let things develop on the lower firmwares first since the exploits work there; it will get ported to another one later. Until then: don't update.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Crediar only said the kernel was updated, not that the exploit was patched. WulfStylez also stated that he recently compared 5.3.0 vs 5.3.2 and he said it wasn't fixed then either. So if it's true that Nwplayer or MN1 confirmed It to not be patched in 5.3.0 then it should be ok...... Or did I misunderstand some of these posts? Lol

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep calm and let the homebrew scene develop .

Homebrew has to start somewhere. Also eventually firmware spoofing will be possible (might require an IOSU exploit, but still).

Its all good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc