Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, this is an unhandled freeze that hasn't been declared unexploitable, not crashmybrowser.com.

Two suggestions:
1. Keep looking for more, just in case. It's not time efficient to wait for a check on each one. Accumulate a list of unhandled exceptions.
2. Work with someone on an earlier system version to see if this crash happens across 4.0 - 5.3.2.

Reactions: Kelton2

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we stop with all the 'OMG I FOULD LE BROWSER CRASH' stuff? Investigating a browser crash like that and building an exploit from it isn't a logical thing to do. It would take much more work to debug a crash like that and figure things out than to build exploits the way people are now.
Like, people have been losing their shit over browser crashes for months now and I don't really get it.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we stop with all the 'OMG I FOULD LE BROWSER CRASH' stuff? Investigating a browser crash like that and building an exploit from it isn't a logical thing to do. It would take much more work to debug a crash like that and figure things out than to build exploits the way people are now.
Like, people have been losing their shit over browser crashes for months now and I don't really get it.

While I agree with you on there have been a lot of random "hey this crashes" reports, which more often than not are not exploitable, kelton2 is actually approaching this the way the first WebKit exploit was created (by systematically going through fixed WebKit security bugs). Granted he won't be able to finish it on his own, but it is the legit first step needed to porting the WebKit exploit to 5.3.2. He has gotten a little excited with the number of posts/threads about his findings, but he is just being passionate about it.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree with you on there have been a lot of random "hey this crashes" reports, which more often than not are not exploitable, kelton2 is actually approaching this the way the first WebKit exploit was created (by systematically going through fixed WebKit security bugs). Granted he won't be able to finish it on his own, but it is the legit first step needed to porting the WebKit exploit to 5.3.2. He has gotten a little excited with the number of posts/threads about his findings, but he is just being passionate about it.

The first webkit exploit was found the same way fail0verflow (and gateway and everyone else who's hacked a webkit-based browser in the last few years) did it, though.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Im just saying, this dude has just been reporting every little error that are just common things to the Wii U browser
Hes 10 years old! I think its pretty cool that he finds this stuff so intriguing.We should try to cut him some slack.At least we know that we have a passionate young kid on our team who will undoubtedly test every single restricted bug and report back to our devs. He gets a little excited, yes, but he just wants to help and get a little credit/praise from the community.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this bug at the very least has some credibility in the fact that it's replicatable. Besides, if it hasn't been patched by now then even though the latest Webkit source Nintendo has up is like 5.1.1 you can just look at the code, no debugging necessary. Plus the fact that we have unit tests to work off of.
Again, don't worry about it, it's being looked into, move on and talk about something else (or just stop replying altogether).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think his enthusiasm is being questioned, simply his posting exuberance...there's a definite lack of self-editing or filter, which, honestly not every ten year old has - the_randomizer, for example...

pusillanimous ad hominem attack!

Dude, shut it. It's not helping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google