Hacking Wii U Browser Exploit Leaked for v4.10

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hopefully there will be some way to get hb working with the wku. they can all shove their software exploits up their ass.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully there will be some way to get hb working with the wku. they can all shove their software exploits up their ass.

Screw paid devices and dongles, softmods are free :creep: Or both, no reason we should have another Gateway situation.

except they don't work. i'm not going to be trapped again like the 3ds not this time!

Paying $100 to play for games for free, ironic indeed. F**k the dongles I say. You shouldn't have to pay for something that allows consoles to play games for free. Free should be free, not paid. Sorry, I refuse to support the Wii KeyU team. :lol:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Screw paid devices and dongles, softmods are free :creep:
except they don't work. i'm not going to be trapped again like the 3ds not this time!

$100 is pretty steep considering free Homebrew is practically on our doorsteps.
for 4.1 users even after we were lied to told that updating would be safe!!

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still on 3.1.0 thinking I'd always be able to update using disc, so it would seem necessary when the final exploit comes out unless other firmwares are going to be supported.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 3.1.0 thinking I'd always be able to update using disc, so it would seem necessary when the final exploit comes out unless other firmwares are going to be supported.

I would have stayed on 4.1, except that when Nintendo releases an update for 5.0, I would be screwed if the upcoming Homebrew release only works on 5.0 (Or they only develop support for 5.0). Be careful bro, it might be wise to jump off 3.X... :unsure:

Reactions: the_randomizer

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final word: This exploit has 2 different versions: one that works on 4.0.0 to 4.0.3, and then a different one that works on 4.1.0. We'd need to develop a new ROP chain for 5.0.0 to gain code execution, because they changed stuff on us (unintentionally, of course, considering they never fixed the bug in WebKit) and so it broke, however, IT IS STILL POSSIBLE to get this working on 5.0.0, we just need to fix the ROP chain and it'll work as good as new (though when MN1 was testing it the ROP chain wasn't even executed so IDK what that was about, but it still has the weird side-effects of the bug working). However, any version after this has no guarentees of working. If you're on a really old software version and want a guarenteed way to update to a safe version, just buy and update using Mario KArt 8, which has version 4.1.0.

EDIT: Also, if you want to know, all this does is give us code execution, we still have no kernel exploit and no keys to decrypt anything important, so that's the next step after this. Plus, the web browser and whatever else is using the 1GB of memory Cafe OS reserves is still open, we'd need to get kernel access and be able to install and run new apps to have a clean slate to work with.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The (homebrew) scene begins!!!!!! I'm keeping my Wiikey U Preorder however, it will be much harder to patch then this....... That way I can play my backups and imports (hopefully on that second part, VERY HOPEFULLY lol, unless a homebrew region free loader comes out.... My japanese copy of mario kart 8 is calling my name....

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I have Mario Kart 8 coming in soon. If I connect my Wii U to the internet, will it update automatically? It's currently on version 2 something.

It would try it's hardest to, unless you force it off with the power button while it's "Preparing to update" (That's what I did for a little while). If you want to play MK8 online, just block the update servers in your router settings before going online.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would try it's hardest to, unless you force it off with the power button while it's "Preparing to update" (That's what I did for a little while). If you want to play MK8 online, just block the update servers in your router settings before going online.

Mario Kart 8 has the 4.1.0 update on the disc NOT 5.0.0. However connecting online puts you at risk. If you want to keep online, follow huntereb's advice

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Can I ask something?

Why don't they enable NX on the browser? I don't see any reason not to.
And is the browser sandboxed? Like on the 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...