Hacking Wii Sports Resort with a wii with 4.1?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG, u r all trying to reinvent the wheel! I too used "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod" found here on Wii Hacking. Using the offline method, i received every piece of software i needed. All it took was that tutorial and a blank 1GB SD card. I mean come on i ran into the very same problem with my store bought copy of sports resort, but the preloader v0.29 took care of that prob. shoot just today i made a copy of that very same game using cIOS dvd dumper. Neogamma 7 read that dvd-r like it was the original. bottom line is you have all been wasting your time reaching for .dol all over the net when the answer has been on this very site the whole time.

astroid0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide, but kept getting error messages.

I got frustrated and decided to just try it with Wii Flow, the starry night version, and it worked perfectly right

So, I just opened wii flow, clicked on config, and switched the alt dol to player, which it saw in the iso without any scrubbing or any of that. I played the movie with that, and then started it with the regular dol, and everything worked great.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm on neogamma r7 and i have rzte.dol in the neogamma foler. it says dol loaded but it still goes to black screen, i'm on cios rev 14, system menu 4.1u

edit: i loaded them from disc and ditched the dol files on sd.

starstreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I just follow one of the steps listed here if all I want to do is play resort (original) on my wii? Or is there something else I need to follow? I have all the wiimotion+ that came with wii resort, I know that I'm not supposed to run the update. I'm not really trying to back up this disk, just play it without messing up th homebrew.

greenarcher02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can you use alternative dol method from "Disk" in cfg USB loader? instead of finding or extracting the dol and using alt dol from "SD"?.. i've used that method to play MPTrilogy and it works well...

using:
usb loader cfg45
cios249rev13

oh and sorry, i'm just on 3.2U but this was the first 'Wii sports resort how to' i found

Kajun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slyray said:
this message is for all the people that i assume are in the same boat that i am and need a file called RZTE.dol as the alt .dol instead of RZTP.dol

some people suggested simple renaming RZTP.dol to RZTE.dol -- that did not work for me and simply brought me to a black screen of death.

I followed this procedure to attain a proper RZTE.dol file that worked perfectly with the instructions above. (RZTE apparently becomes the motion plus movie?)

used WiiScrubber to open the ISO of Wii Sports Resort.
clicked on Partition 2 to expand it.
clicked on sys to expand it.
clicked on mpls_movie to expand it
found the file called player.dol
right clicked and saved it to my hard drive
renamed player.dol to RZTE.dol and used this file in place of RZTP.dol in the instructions above.. everything worked as described.

Argh, I only realized it now, after reading this. Wii Sports Resort apparently only has the 001 and 002 error code in the player.dol, and not in the main.dol. For crappy modchip users the player.dol needs to be patched with GWP.

Still can't get it to work in Neogamma, but using this alternative dol method it works in Hermes ULoader (with cIOS222).

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I dont think it has been posted here , but as far as im aware , if your using wiiflow ( I have rev25 on mine)

1. Load WiiFlow
2. Select the game.
3. Go to Options above PLAY
4. Change main.dol to player.dol
5. Click Back - and Play

Play the video the whole way through as normal

6. Go back into WiiFlow
7. Select the Game
8. Go to Options aove PLAY
9. Change player.dol to main.dol
5. Click Back and Play

and you should be playing the game (assuming you have motion plus)

I have tried with Waninkokos cIOS rev 15 and Rev 14 and it seems to work on both.
I did install a wad on both and im not sure if it has helped or not , but just in case it matters , i installed IOS55-64-v4633.wad - mainly because the game i had on the drive was corrupt and i didnt realise it at the time.

Hope that helps out a little
biggrin.gif

adamb1600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to play this game through USB loading but I have firmware 3.3 U which I downgraded to from 4.2. So far its been working great with the exception of the more modern titles. Anyway, my question is: are there any issues with upgrading to 4.1? Like bricking? P.S i know how to download all server firmware already.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
malapo said:
just a quick question:

do you need the wii motion plus to play the game? is it only required for the video or the games?
Sorry for the late reply
But WM+ is required for the video and the game

QUOTE(adamb1600 @ Dec 17 2009, 10:35 AM) I am trying to play this game through USB loading but I have firmware 3.3 U which I downgraded to from 4.2. So far its been working great with the exception of the more modern titles. Anyway, my question is: are there any issues with upgrading to 4.1? Like bricking? P.S i know how to download all server firmware already.
Updating to 4.1 won't brick you (at least if you know how to do it
tongue.gif
)

theycallmemk123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using USB Loader GX to run my backups. Wii sports resorts was working perfectly 2 days ago... I used the alt. dol to view the wmp movie and after that it worked fine. Yesterday, I copied the ciso from my hd to my friend's computer to put it on his hd. It works fine on his hd now... but when i try to load mine, a black screen comes up. You can hear the remote recognizing sound and the wiimote vibrates like it is being recognized... but the screen is black and the wii freezez after that. My other games work fine, and I even tried re-installing the ciso from my computer back to my HD... but the same problem occurs. I tried all different settings for USB loader.. but to no avail. When I try the alt. dol trick again... it goes to the video selection screen inwii sports resorts... but it doesn't fix the problem. Can someone help me?

kalantiaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"NOOB QUESTION ALERT!*

I have a softmodded wii 3.2U, running games through Coverfloader.

Aside from WM+ what else do I need to run the game from Coverfloader? Sorry, no time to backread the thread.

*BTW (if this helps) I had just recently got NSMB working on it with 002 fix and wii pad hook, again off Coverfloader (although I am still at the lower levels).

Thanks for your future answers. The site rocks btw!!
laugh.gif

ShaneC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Hi Guys,

I dont think it has been posted here , but as far as im aware , if your using wiiflow ( I have rev25 on mine)

1. Load WiiFlow
2. Select the game.
5. Click Back - and Play

6. Go back into WiiFlow
7. Select the Game
5. Click Back and Play

I have tried with Waninkokos cIOS rev 15 and Rev 14 and it seems to work on both.
I did install a wad on both and im not sure if it has helped or not , but just in case it matters , i installed IOS55-64-v4633.wad - mainly because the game i had on the drive was corrupt and i didnt realise it at the time.

biggrin.gif

THANKS! That worked perfectly here for me.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShaneC said:
djtaz said:
Hi Guys,

1. Load WiiFlow
2. Select the game.
5. Click Back - and Play

6. Go back into WiiFlow
7. Select the Game
5. Click Back and Play

biggrin.gif

THANKS! That worked perfectly here for me.

Tried Wii Sports this morning, before I read this thread. It would quit to the system menu every time. So I just loaded the game from the disc channel and watched the video all the way through. After it created a save from the opening sky diving scene, I was able to exit the game and load wiiflow and now simply just click play.

Either way you do it you have to watch the video atleast once, this way I didn't have to switch to any alt .dols..

hope someone finds this helpful..
unsure.gif

RedwinD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
1. MAke a NeoGamma Folder in the root of SD card and put the RZTP.dol file inside it. Boot.dol needs to be there too
2. Load Neogamma R6 via Homebrew Channel and have the settings like this:

002 fix: ON
Alternative dol: SD

3. Then just launch the disc or USB. You'll see a stupid video with a bint with sexy hands for about 3 minutes. Video ends and then it restarts the Wii
4. Restart Neogamma and change the settings so the it doesn't run the alternative dol.

Works for me.

I can't give you the alt dol(I think its copyrighted), but googling RZTP.dol works.
I cant see the setting called "002 fix" anywhere?

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive a rather old topic, but I was able to watch the instructional video with 002 fix and alt.dol settings ON in Usb Loader GX. The game runs fine with 002 fix left ON after watching the video. Problem is I keep getting a blue screen with the 002 error if I turn it OFF. Just wondering if there's a way to get the settings to stick or if there's any harm in keeping 002 fix ON in my settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay