Hacking wii sports resort bricked my wii

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wii sports resort had the 4.1 update on it and i chose to update. then after it updated i got a black screen. i turned it off and then back on and i still only got a black screen. no health and safety warning or anything. nothing will work i have hbc and wads installed but it was the update that did it. any help?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't really help you with this unfortunately, but just wanted to say "Love the Avatar"
smile.gif

NIN ftw indeed - just saw them a little while ago at the O2 in London - awesome show
smile.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Power down your Wii completely. While you're turning it back on, hold down the reset button. If you have bootmii it should load up, hopefully.

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldthink that Resort would have 4.0, if not 4.1.

If you installed Bootmii, have you ever been able to get to the Bootmii menu? You could be using an incompatible card which is giving Bootmii issues starting. It's a long shot but copy the Bootmii files to a different SD card and give it a shot.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. WSR has a update to 3.4
2. WSR has nothing to do with IOS57
3. IOS57 didn't brick a Wii
4. ...

Edit:
Sorry, i forgot this:
If there is no Preloader or hackmii installed, the only way to fix this Wii can be the SafeMiiFrii/SaveMii methode with Modchip if there is a trucha/IOS/cIOS.
Otherwise Nintendo is the only one who can fix it.

sgand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear that. I had 4.0u and then installed Waninkoko's 4.1u last night. Today I put in a retail Resort and updating from the disc, too. Everything still works fine for me.

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Power down your Wii completely. While you're turning it back on, hold down the reset button. If you have bootmii it should load up, hopefully.

you're describing how to get to the preloader menu yo. bootmii should automatically load if he's got the SD card in with the bootmii folder on it.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
brand0dotcom said:
you're describing how to get to the preloader menu yo. bootmii should automatically load if he's got the SD card in with the bootmii folder on it.

My bad, I did get those mixed up. Probably because I have both installed and normally have an SD card in my Wii.
shy.gif

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i must not have anything installed cause i tried every solution here and nothing worked so i phoned nintendo. they said thet they were going to fix it free of charge even though my warranty is up. thx for all the help anyway though. and nin does rock so hard!

morgan200

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WalkerOfTheDay said:
You probably updated with a game that's not your region....

ding ding, i think we have a winner...

so many people thinkin they can just throw some shit in their machine and it won't matter where its from or who put it together...

go buy another wii and you can say you're helping the economy
smile.gif

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always use WiU1.1 to block any updates before I burn the game. I am on firmware 4.0 so I won't have any issue. Gonna get the WiiMotion+ this week :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...