Homebrew Wii Not Detecting HDD, Help!!!

Vlone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what happend was today I accidentaly dropped my hdd and my usb cable snapped on the thing that goes inside of the hdd so, I ended up getting another one but now my wii doesn't detect it it act's as if nothing is plugged in but the hdd has the led on

Vlone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You replaced the drive or cable? It sounds like the USB port on the drive broke.
I replaced the cable

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you formatted the HDD on a computer, prior to using it on your wii? Make sure it's FAT32 or NTFS.
yep, and it's fat32 and wbfs because I Have 2 partitions

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So what happend was today I accidentaly dropped my hdd and my usb cable snapped on the thing that goes inside of the hdd so, I ended up getting another one but now my wii doesn't detect it it act's as if nothing is plugged in but the hdd has the led on
Either the port broke, or the drive broke. I broke a HDD from dropping it on my bed once by accident, and dropping it on a hard surface is much more likely to break it.
Try to look inside the port, see if everything looks okay (no pins are bent, the center thing looks straight) and also make sure the cable plugs in straight and isn't tilted like the port itself is bent. I've broken a MicroUSB port before by dropping the device while it was plugged in and while it wasn't visibly damaged, when I plugged in a cable it was tilted at an angle so clearly the port itself was bent, and the port didn't work at all afterwards.

Vlone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either the port broke, or the drive broke. I broke a HDD from dropping it on my bed once by accident, and dropping it on a hard surface is much more likely to break it.
Try to look inside the port, see if everything looks okay (no pins are bent, the center thing looks straight) and also make sure the cable plugs in straight and isn't tilted like the port itself is bent. I've broken a MicroUSB port before by dropping the device while it was plugged in and while it wasn't visibly damaged, when I plugged in a cable it was tilted at an angle so clearly the port itself was bent, and the port didn't work at all afterwards.
So I found out it didn't have to do with the cable braking, it had to do with the partitions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-