Hacking Wii Miidia v01alpha2.5

campioni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said you couldn't do it, I simply said that if you can do it, why aren't you doing it instead of bashing some guy who works hard to bring you free software? I also did not flame you, please read the posts more carefully before you respond.

The fact is that this dCiSo guy did try to take MFE and just improve upon it, but he noticed that it has too many limitations and he ran into too many dead ends and thus decided to rewrite it from the ground up (still based off of XBMC I presume).

He doesn't have to release anything until a stable version is available imo. He could of course release a few screenshots to please all those kiddies out there that are screaming bloody murder at him for taking "too long", but what would be in these screenshots really? He's working on the video code for fucks sake, do you want a screenshot of some code or what? Or do you want a screenshot of a fullscreen video being played?! Since he's been working on the core dynamics of the prog he prolly didn't have time for any flashy menu or any kind of polish, so what do you really expect to see right now? Wait for the first release, is that too much to ask for? I mean he is doing this in his free time, even if it's just a hoax (which I really really doubt), he doesn't owe us shit.

QUOTE said:
And I stand by my statement that as long as people see progress then you wont be called a liar.

Please stop this "guilty until proven innocent" bullshit. If you really think like that, then no developer should give a crap about your opinion anyways.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
campioni said:
Please stop this "guilty until proven innocent" bullshit. If you really think like that, then no developer should give a crap about your opinion anyways.

to be honnest i'm really getting sick of everybody saying he is a liar because there is still not a release... and all of that because i brought the whole topic back to everybody's attention by asking if anybody knew something about the project...

I mean, There will be a release when it is ready but untill then we all have to wait untill there is some release or somebody who can tell us more about when it will be released...

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I just read that link to the project, and his story certainly seems believable. He doesn't sound like an attention-seeker at all, so I don't know where that came from. Personally, I think it will happen eventually, but I'm not gonna stick around waiting.
I've also changed my mind about how useful this app is, as I forgot I'll be able to use a remote with this, whereas I'll have to buy one (probably for about £60 knowing Micro$oft) for Vista Media Centre. Also, it looks better than I expected. So I'm not fussed about waiting. IMO, unless it's really buggy when it's released it looks incredibly good.

Agreed on hating people who don't release anything on their project during development, I guess they're just perfectionists. I'm part of a forum where someone is doing a remake of Pokemon Crystal with GBA graphics (though it's on Game Maker or something similar), and adding the Orange Islands and a few more Pokemon. Plus a few odds and ends here and there. The project looks remarkable, and will be all round the internet when it eventually comes out no doubt. But the guy has released about 10 screenshots over about 3 years, and every time he says a demo is coming out, it's pushed back another few months. It's really annoying, but he has every right to of course. He's been slaving over one project that will be totally free for 3 years. Anyway, until it does eventually come out, remember I said that! I'm sure it'll get really popular when it does come out.

So now I've gone totally Off-Topic lol! Anyway, looking forward to Wii Miidia when it does come out!

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
Agreed on hating people who don't release anything on their project during development

Are you for real? You actually condone people spewing insults and demands at someone working on something for free just because they won't give you any table scraps?

It's not like this stuff materializes over a weekend, especially when it's a spare-time project. Good software can and does take time to be made, time measured in weeks and months, not hours.

Narutoball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow you guys are fucking losers. He is/was developing this in his own time, why the hell does he HAVE to give it to you guys if your going to act fucking retarded. Theres no need for the damn application anyway, all the files can be watched on you damn fucking computer, if you want it on a tv then just hook it up the TV.

Damn, faggots

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narutoball said:
Wow you guys are fucking losers. He is/was developing this in his own time, why the hell does he HAVE to give it to you guys if your going to act fucking retarded. Theres no need for the damn application anyway, all the files can be watched on you damn fucking computer, if you want it on a tv then just hook it up the TV.

Damn, faggots

man, harsh, but true
laugh.gif

Mysticcal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3 months so far, only proof on real-ness, 1 tiny thumbnail that could easily be shopped. not only is his forum closed for registration but he hasn't shown anywhere that he actually knows what he's doing, not to mention his website is just 1 big ad banner for cash monies.

personally, i'll wait for geexbox to develop.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
samsam12 said:
Narutoball said:

Damn, faggots

man, harsh, but true
laugh.gif

Harsh? YES! True? NO!

I got my computer in the same room with my TV and my Wii and the damn computer is too loud... I hate it! But I`m not the typ of person to use a computer for gaming or whatsoever. So I don`t want to buy a new one or something like that...

So I really would love to have some application, that doesn`t need a PC running and that runs movies from front-sd (or external usb-hard drive
tongue.gif
) . Till now I am using the mfe-wii port that is doing quit good I guess. And the precious Wii-laser doesn`t "wear off"!

So for many people your explanation was harsh and maybe partly true, because I think it will eventually come at some point. As I stated before I think when the developer of the homebrewchannel believes in the miidia and support it by showing it in his first demo-video I believe that it will come, too.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Mysticcal said:
3 months so far, only proof on real-ness, 1 tiny thumbnail that could easily be shopped. not only is his forum closed for registration but he hasn't shown anywhere that he actually knows what he's doing, not to mention his website is just 1 big ad banner for cash monies.

Good for you.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Isn't it funny that the thread is called Wii Miidia v01alpha2.5, yet such version doesn't exist
ph34r.gif

Runs...

because the original poster thought there was a alpha out of the homebrew media player which proved was fake (i think).

Mysticcal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
Mysticcal said:

Good for you.

go diaf snarky e-troll.

st0nedpenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mysticcal said:

Have fun on that front, especially since Geexbox is based on the buggy MFE-Wii code that was so borked it caused dCiSo to scrap it and rewrite Wii Miidia from scratch.

Mysticcal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
st0nedpenguin said:
Mysticcal said:

Have fun on that front, especially since Geexbox is based on the buggy MFE-Wii code that was so borked it caused dCiSo to scrap it and rewrite Wii Miidia from scratch.

once again, all specuation, TBH, i don't think dCiSo will release anything because he has yet to show a single ounce of proof, you all follow him like giddy fanboys for I dont know whatever reason

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's some news from dCISo:

QUOTE said:
06-29-2008, 01:25 AM

Well I got an ICQ the other day suggesting that I made somewhat of a roadmap to the status of Wii Miidia instead of trying to give any type of release date. I really liked the idea and decided to go ahead and do it. Here is a list of what is done and what is left to do as far as a release goes. The Mostly Completed(*) parts are being held up by the completion of the Video code the basic are all done and working with Audio, Settings, Image Viewer, Shoutcast etc but are not fully complete due to the video code not being done. I am also working on releasing a Sample Skin for anyone who would like to start making their own custom skins. Once I get close to the release I will also be placing a few custom skins in with the release to give the end users a small selection to pick from.

Wii Miidia Status:

======================
COMPLETED

======================

* MP3/WAV/AAC Coding
* Shoucast Streaming Support
* Image Viewer (JPG/PNG/BMP/GIF)
* Basic GUI Package
* USB Mass Storage Support

======================
MOSTLY COMPLETED*

======================

* Wiimote Controlls
* Keyboard Input Controlls
* Network Update Functions
* Subtitles

======================
CURRENTLY WORKING ON

======================

* Main Video Code
* Codec Incorperation
* Skin Sample

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
You folks are hilarious. dCiSo has been developing this app for a while now with the help of some well-known #wiidev regulars. It is 100% real. Of course, you go ahead and believe what you will, since you all obviously know better.

The reason registration is closed on his forum is because some lamers decided to hack his site and several others in the scene in an attempt to extort the code for Wii Miidia from him. Probably some of the same wankers complaining about it here. As was already stated, Wii development isn't his full time job so you might have to wait a while until it's finished. Get over it. If you don't like it, feel free to use your mad Wii development skills to code your own media player.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see the day when dCiso release Wii Miidia. All you whining faggots will shut up and kiss his ass
wink.gif
It´s really so stupid to talk such a shit only because a program is not released or there is no "proof" and that from people that never could write a Wii programm

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
nIxx said:
I see the day when dCiso release Wii Miidia. All you whining faggots will shut up and kiss his ass
wink.gif
It´s really so stupid to talk such a shit only because a program is not released or there is no "proof" and that from people that never could write a Wii programm

I'm still waiting to shut up and kiss his ass. Wii 2 will be out before he releases this.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You folks are hilarious. dCiSo has been developing this app for a while now with the help of some well-known #wiidev regulars. It is 100% real. Of course, you go ahead and believe what you will, since you all obviously know better.

The reason registration is closed on his forum is because some lamers decided to hack his site and several others in the scene in an attempt to extort the code for Wii Miidia from him. Probably some of the same wankers complaining about it here. As was already stated, Wii development isn't his full time job so you might have to wait a while until it's finished. Get over it. If you don't like it, feel free to use your mad Wii development skills to code your own media player. Lol, calm down, 6 months on and NOTHING.... you were saying.

LOL true though
QUOTEWii Miidia isn't out yet.
Never going to be released, probably the so called coder, author isn't even attempting it, full of Sh*t!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?