Hacking Wii Hard drive iso loader in action

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well those informations are pre-release. I don't think that they are to reliable...
But if they are really using USB-Harddrives in these stations, these informations are probably right. ^^

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the USB mass storage device homebrew project determined that 1.1 instead of 2.0 was very likely limited by IOS (yay!?), but has yet to offer a solution....that information was obtained by me looking at that project homepage and seeing that being said...about 1 month ago.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
menkros said:
Well I've seen it in action. When you turn it on it goes straight to a custom ipod style menu with pics of the full games. It has 20 of them from mario galaxy to mario kart all full games. All I could tell hardware wise was a white hard drive attached to wii usb drive.
here's the info:

$4,250 which includes the cost of the unit, all taxes, shipping and administration, and repair and maintenance for the life of the Fun Center
Four fucking thousand dollars?
blink.gif

Wii: $250
20 Games:

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah that's the source of the Wikipedia article and it was pre-release, so it's not really that relyable. They even say that the ethernet adapter is 2.0, which it's not, it's 1.1.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well according to him the HDD was probably in there instead of the DVD drive. It makes sense. Nintendo could easily manufacture a HDD-board instead of the normal DVD-one.
So it's still unsure if the USB-Ports would be fast enough for games...

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
considering the dev units have an internal HDD, it would cost nintendo very little more to make a bunch more of those with a custom IPL.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slowking said:
Yeah that's the source of the Wikipedia article and it was pre-release, so it's not really that relyable. They even say that the ethernet adapter is 2.0, which it's not, it's 1.1.
The Wii USB ports ARE 2.0. It's the simple fact that the Wii software doesn't know how to handle USB 2.0 devices yet, which disables us from using USB 2.0 transfer speed. USB 2.0 only devices are working on the Wii, and test the speed of the LAN adapter (on local servers) shows that infact it's using LAN speed. Which is more than USB 1.1.

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like where this is going.... I'm thinking a nice, well made trust-fund kid will buy one and donate it to the scene, so they can pick it apart and find out how it works
smile.gif

-- a boy can dream... can't he?

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw one of these in action. The load times are essentially the same as a DVD from what I could tell.

Even though I had my leatherman in my pocket there was no way to get it away from the kids playing it so I had no chance to take it apart
smile.gif

MeowMix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well apart from the Hardrive, it could very well be a 20 DVD Changer plugged into the USB port enabled to 2.0.. not that it makes a diff then a harddrive but yeah.

MeowMix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok im gunna break my leg, get in the hospital and get the wii, call my friend over to my room to make sure the coast is clear, get the wii and open the bi** up and Borrow the hard-drive. then quickly on my laptop Dump all contents, check specs on the harddrive and put the HDD back, if i can I'll Moddify a game to launch the HBC Channel and Ill run NAND dumper from there onto a sd card.

Once done, I'll restore the drive and put it back in. job done..

the tricky part is to find out if my local hospital has one of these, and how am gunna get stunned into hospitlization.. also getting into the box of it.. Has it been soldered from anywhere? I can use a soldering iron to remove the solder.

MeowMix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Well apart from the Hardrive, it could very well be a 20 DVD Changer plugged into the USB port enabled to 2.0.. not that it makes a diff then a harddrive but yeah.
But that would be the dumbest and least cost effective way of doing it. Even Nintendo aren't that stupid!

But to think about updating these "Machines" Would take like ages to transfer over 4gb x 20gb.. Or infact they could have made a USB Disk drive that would work through a special DVD 40GB disk they made or something..

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeowMix said:
Or infact they could have made a USB Disk drive that would work through a special DVD 40GB disk they made or something..
Like an HD DVD? Lol no thats not how it works. I didn't hear any seeking sounds a DVD would normally make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol