Hardware Wii doesn't boot up now [Help!]

xshoyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my Wii plugged into a Power Strip with an on-off switch. Someone flicked our Light Switched, which every outlet in the room is connected to, so the Power Strip got turned off. When the switch was flicked back on, the Wii no longer boots up.

All the wires are plugged in to the Wii fine. I also tried different outlets on the Strip, and an outlet on the wall. Neither work. The Wii doesn't light up at all.

Anybody know the answer? D:

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
my sister-in-law's Wii had that same problem, just leave it, it will light up again whenever it feels like it..!!
biggrin.gif

xshoyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leaving it alone for about 8 hours has done nothing.

I'm guessing that whole 'power fuse' thing is the problem. Which is a real pain in the butt.
Wonder if I could score a new one from the big N for free :B

anotherlostgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if it is a coincidence, but I see that most fuse failures are happening on the new consoles. Mine is an old war veteran (one of the first versions), i'm always plugging him out and I never had a problem, ANY problem.

xshoyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the fuse [American Console, 3 months old if it matters] possible to fix by myself?
:K I'm pretty patient, but I'm dying to get a new Wiiware game and I can't imagine waiting weeks for a new plug.

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
he already did that, i think its messed up completely... but you should not messing with it to prevent damage to the wii ... i,m quite aware of that..

i think its better to get a new one... you must wait a few weeks.. but you dont want a broken wii too
look i dont even know what a fuse is.. but i always say "why fixing it get a new one" (if its really reaaaally messed up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ken, your hamster inside it is hungry. Can't you turn POE on/off in your WiFi settings page? Or is it not staying on?
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Well, in that thread they say it's pretty much safe to manage save files back and forth to consoles as long as you don't go online with cheats activated or with a pirate game.
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    I own every of my games legit with their own cartridges
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    also, I'm not planning to use any cheats, etc, just continue the normal gameplay on the emulator
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It only gives a internet settings option then it spazes out
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @ATEMVEGETA if you use save from other switch you may be ok, but using a save from emulator to switch will prob get you banned
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under ipv4/6
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    The save file will be created and started normally on the Switch's OFW with a legit game. Then that save file will be transfered to the emulator and continue the gameplay there. Then send it back to the console.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like I need to touch @Sicklyboy rack to make it work at this point
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    The save file(s) would never be created first in an emulator
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Do you think continuing the story on the emulator would flag the save file as illegal? (Again no cheats, etc will take place, only normal story of the game progress)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But still using the save on a emulator, then back to switch is shady
    +2
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Yea, that's the only thing I want to clarify actually. If someone has tried it with no problems.
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    If using the save on the emulator flags the save file. :/
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Again, "using" I mean normal gameplay not modify it with other means like pokehex, etc
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Can you help me clarify this thing somehow? Do you know someone that may know or have tried it?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just play it on the emulation at home and portable use the normal save, I wouldn't risk anything if online is important to you
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My psychiatrist tried to help me once said it was mine 9 months later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just ask in the forums if anybody has done it, I don't know of anybody who has, or would risk it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby daddy issues lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    this is what I did here. I hope I get some responces
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy was a little cray cray
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go cray cray on it like a coloring book
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/6LzTDx3BSTU?si=SIt8C6aKf0p855Mv +1