Homebrew Wii Backup Manager - Is It Safe?

1dkreally

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
1dkreally.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to download Wii Backup Manager, but their official download page - at least for the current build (Build 78 at time of writing) - seems rather sketchy.

When I click the link, it redirects me to the work.ink site, which immediately prompts me to remove any and all anti-tracking software. I ended up switching to Edge from Firefox to use the site, as this message popped up even after I turned off my adblockers and trackers.

After clicking "Go to destination" and then "Access link", it prompts me to either download Opera, an extension simply labeled "Extension", or the WorkInk Installer. However, these can all be skipped and when this is done it again prompts me to another "Go to destination" link.

This link leads me first to the buzzonclick.com site, which then immediately loads to oneacumen.azurewebsites.net, which has a fake image of an "I'm not a robot" checkbot and asks to run pop-up ads, with the site reading "Click 'Allow' if you are not a robot".

This all seems really suspicious, is it safe for me to download? Is it just this specific build? I've seen this program recommended a lot, so I assume there must be some version that doesn't look like it wants to give me 50 trillion viruses.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to download Wii Backup Manager, but their official download page - at least for the current build (Build 78 at time of writing) - seems rather sketchy.

When I click the link, it redirects me to the work.ink site, which immediately prompts me to remove any and all anti-tracking software. I ended up switching to Edge from Firefox to use the site, as this message popped up even after I turned off my adblockers and trackers.

After clicking "Go to destination" and then "Access link", it prompts me to either download Opera, an extension simply labeled "Extension", or the WorkInk Installer. However, these can all be skipped and when this is done it again prompts me to another "Go to destination" link.

This link leads me first to the buzzonclick.com site, which then immediately loads to oneacumen.azurewebsites.net, which has a fake image of an "I'm not a robot" checkbot and asks to run pop-up ads, with the site reading "Click 'Allow' if you are not a robot".

This all seems really suspicious, is it safe for me to download? Is it just this specific build? I've seen this program recommended a lot, so I assume there must be some version that doesn't look like it wants to give me 50 trillion viruses.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3e88kvza1j0qdj4/WiiBackupManager.zip/file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played