Wii #2880 - Xenoblade Chronicles (USA)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i forget this was coming out... i'll wait for the last story. and what's sad about it is that my wii is hacked and it' can't read dual layer... other wise i would buy the last story.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the game need the pro? How is the experience with it on/off.
You can play the game with the Wiimote+Nunchuk or the Classic Controller/Pro.

I haven't tried the Nunchuk combo but haven't heard the best things for it.
I recommend using a Classic Controller Pro over the original model, the pad is much more ergonomic and comfortable to use, plus the better shoulder-button placement will be better in the long run, as the game does make use of them.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Weren't the british voices replaced by american ones?
Id like to know this as well

Really? Why in hell would they spend the money to replace English-speaking British actors for English-speaking American actors? This might be the most asinine thing I've ever seen here.
Because I recall reading something about this. Also the british voices are property of NoE, not NoA. NoE and NoA are somewhat competitors.
The one releasing the game in the USA is Gamestop tho, not Nintendo, so, I think it'd be cheaper for them to pay royalties to NoE, than hiring a whole new set of VA's... =S

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The one releasing the game in the USA is Gamestop tho, not Nintendo, so, I think it'd be cheaper for them to pay royalties to NoE, than hiring a whole new set of VA's... =S
Gamestop payed fees to Nintendo to be the sole retailer for this game. Nintendo used this money to cover the localization costs. Nothing in this game is owned by Gamestop.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Gamestop payed fees to Nintendo to be the sole retailer for this game. Nintendo used this money to cover the localization costs. Nothing in this game is owned by Gamestop.
I know it isn't, still, it'd be more expensive for them to hire a whole new cast of VA's then using the existing ones, besides, in some case's I prefer british accent's than american ones, in games that involve fantasy british ones just sound more natural imho (like how some rpg's for pc, despiste being made in the usa, use british accents).

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually dug the British voices in The Last Story, so I'll probably just stick with the Pal version of this game.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
This is hilarious. I just picked this up from GameStop yesterday and it's EXACTLY THE SAME as the European version, more or less. It might have less translations or something, but the voice acting, spelling, and logo are the same. Nintendo was apparently too lazy to fix the localization up for American audiences ;). It's still a great game though and it was worth every penny.

EDIT: I found this on Google Images. I thought that those of us who have played more than 4 battles in the game would appreciate it:

tumblr_lr3pbjJTgQ1qa748ko1_500.png

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo was apparently too lazy to fix the localization up for American audiences ;).

Makes a change usually it's the other way round and game companies cannot be bothered to localise into british english, which is the english every pal region uses i think.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game plays just fine with the Wiimote/Nunchuck. If you don't want to invest the $$$ in a classic controller just for this game, don't sweat it.

Also, I STRONGLY recommend that people play this game with a few Ocarina codes. There's one that speeds your movement up (toggled by button 2 on the Wiimote) that I found insanely useful in getting around the game. I also recommend the Ocarina code that lets you moon jump in case you fall off a cliff. Just don't moon jump your way into areas you don't belong yet (like the Bionis Interior)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it has british english, then it's not worth downloading and playing again just for the NTSC version.

I hope they redub the last story, I don't like british english. However, then again, the last story is too short to be worth a second playthrough anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1