Wii #2654 - Xenoblade Chronicles (Europe)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still use torrents and disc on my Wii.
yaywii.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
LightyKD said:
I have WiiScrubber somewhere on my laptop (downloaded it because I thought it would come in handy one day) and I Dolphin on every Windows computer in this apartment. If you could PM me some basic instructions I might be abke to figure out things from there. I don't mean to sound fussy guys but I just feel like out community peaked and now everybody is swimming in a lack of optimism, I used to come to this place knowing that the people here dared to dream and now, I'm lucky enough to find at least one person who still believes that the Wii, DS and DSi are still viable homebrew platforms. It's just sad because these machines still have life in them and everyone is so damn ready to kill them off.
Dude.
Just use google.

Wiiscubber is not a hard program to use, even I've used it to scub isos. A simple google search helped me.
And people still believe in those as homebrew platforms, if you haven't noticed, there is more then one person here that still likes having homebrew on said things, homebrew is still being released, and I don't think it's gonna get killed off anytime soon.

But this is getting off topic.

Anyway...

I still haven't downloaded this yet
laugh.gif

Just to get a tiny bit back off topic I really think that homebrew on the Wii and DS/DSi need to go the way of Android. A Facebook, twitter and YouTube app would be greatly appreciated. Not just that but having a "apps" mentality would greatly extend the homebrew life of these platforms. Lastly, the homebrew app that lets you get other homebrew (name not coming to me right now) could use a facelift and a channel, maybe even a built in wad manager so we can install homebrew in wad format directly to the Wii Menu. We can continue this in the Wii homebrew section. If anyone is interested in opening a serious conversation/debate, I'll be happy to start a thread.
smile.gif
... OK back to Xenoblade. This torrent is taking forever
tongue.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nissanahmed said:
LightyKD said:
nissanahmed said:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if this plays at 30/60 fps?

Are you asking for the sake of Dolphin Emulator?

Nah just on a regular American TV... seems like a dumb question, but I'd like to know.

It's not a dumb question. Actually I dont see why most people who use the Dolphin Emulator dont ask that question. It's the best way to see if your iso is running properly in that emu. Back to your situation, if you're disc loading, remember that disc backups run at 3x speed (Original copies run at 6x) so there will be slightly noticeable slowdowns in games that are very intense when it comes to loading. The Call of Duty games are a prime example. I swear, if I could load Black Ops from external DVD in U loader, I'd be a happy kitteh. I cant wait till my copy of Xenoblade finishes downloading. Heck, even my fiance was giving a slight chuckle at my download rate
tongue.gif
. My ISP is crap but usually there's a good spike between 1am and 7am... Um, not with this download :/

Letzte_Chance

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
slick14805 said:
Hielkenator said:
slick14805 said:
Hi I just burned the 4.37 GB version of the game on a disc and tried loading the game using Neogamma R7 with IOS249 rev. 19 and I also patched the video and forced it to NTSCi. The game loads and the game id shows up (SX4PO1). Anyways it says 'loading game....' and then it takes me right back to the Wii home menu! What can I do? I'd greatly appreciate the help.

I don't think you have to patch the image.

Just use NEOGAMMA to force to NTSC.

I tried that and the game says it's loading, but then it just takes me straight to the Wii menu
frown.gif
Am I missing a certain iso or something? Is it a bad dvd burn?

I had the exact same problem.
SOLUTION: Change the language in Neogamma to "Spanish" and it will work.

D

Deleted User

Pattonfiend67 said:
who in the fuck still uses torrents? that's just as bad as people using discs on their wii, LOL...​
People who don't want to rely on mostly-unreliable filesharing sites like RapidShare?
I always get better speeds through torrents, personally.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys. I'm working on a all English DVD-5 version of the game So far Ive been able to replace things for all of the other languages with dummy files but Im just down to 4.77GB Im not sure what else to take out to make the iso a bit smaller so that it will fit the DVD-5. There are two more folders on the Disc I haven't messed with and they both have "JP" folders with a crap ton of files in them. Im not sure if I should just delete the files or replace all almost 200+ files with dummy files.

Correction, one folder Rootev>realtime>jp.

Someone with the 4gb version spanish text please load it up with Dolphin and tell me what's in that folder.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
LightyKD said:
OK guys. I'm working on a all English DVD-5 version of the game So far Ive been able to replace things for all of the other languages with dummy files but Im just down to 4.77GB Im not sure what else to take out to make the iso a bit smaller so that it will fit the DVD-5. There are two more folders on the Disc I haven't messed with and they both have "JP" folders with a crap ton of files in them. Im not sure if I should just delete the files or replace all almost 200+ files with dummy files.

Someone with the 4gb version spanish text please load it up with Dolphin and tell me what's in that folder.
I did the same with another game, it had option for English and Japanese voices... what file extension do you see in that folder?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necron N.N said:
LightyKD said:

I did the same with another game, it had option for English and Japanese voices... what file extension do you see in that folder?

They all end in ".adx". Do I delete them (which would be hella easy) or do I need to create dummy files for ALL 175 of em
frown.gif
. Also, once I'm done, how in the world do I get this all back together as a legitimate Wii ISO? -So confused but it's a learning experience.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could try to delete them completely and see if the game even check their existence.
It shouldn't try loading the files as long as they are not needed.

Dummy are usually used to replace video with a much smaller (working) video, they can't be deleted because the game load them.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
You could try to delete them completely and see if the game even check their existence.

Dummy are usually used to replace video with a much smaller (working) video, they can't be deleted because the game load them.

I'll try deleting the files but how in the world do I put this iso back together???
wacko.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried dissecting the Spanish iso to replace the Spanish Text with that of the English, but when I try to replace the text files it says "Not enough free space could be found", does this mean I have to have enough free space for both the file I'm replacing and the file I'm replacing it with?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
LightyKD said:
Cyan said:

I'll try deleting the files but how in the world do I put this iso back together???
wacko.gif
You said it was easier for you, so I thought you already had a method other than Wiiscrubber/Trucha signer
tongue.gif

There were a VERY old (2007, early 2008
tongue.gif
) program to extract the partitions to .bin files (so you will have 2 partitions files), and then extract the partition content to files&Folder.
You could repack if I remember well.

You can also check Wiiscrubber, there's an empty iso floating around where you can add partitions.

Trucha signer let you extract, insert encrypted/decrypted partitions.

GiantPune made not long ago a Wii DVD format (not iso9660) of Homebrew emulators, so he should have the tools.

Well, it's not something I've done before so I'm not well informed how to do it step by step. You'll have to do some research.

Or else, just use a replace files with dummy file using WiiScrubber.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I used Dolphin for the first extraction but NOW I see I can do the whole thing from WiiScrubber (thanks Cyan for the idea!) Wish me luck everyone
biggrin.gif
I think I can make this work. Also, as to not be breaking forum rules, I need to get with someone over PM about file hosting. I have a crappy connection with limited bandwidth so I need to get the final version to someone that can upload the iso elsewhere
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8