Wii #1741 - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Europe)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lollercoil said:
Majin Vegeta said:
Extremist said:
"Wii gamers desperate for a role-playing game, particularly those that enjoyed the first Symphonia, might be able to overlook Dawn of the New World's tired gameplay and convoluted story." IGN.com

Just to create some balance...
wink2.gif
Yes, people who think this is a sequel will be disappointed. It's only a spin-off.
But in my opinion it's better than the first ToS.

PS: Hopefully I can undub this one too. We'll see~

No, it's a sequel. The problem was it was treated like a spin-off during production (given an inadequate budget and small development cycle). It's the classic "Give Wii owners the inferior game, while giving the 360 and PS3 owners the real game" situation we are forced to live with. Castlevania, Resident Evil, Soul Calibur, Tales (no longer the case, with Graces), Silent Hill; each one of these are franchises that developers developed their core games on the HD consoles while the Wii was given shovelware. This isn't even counting the series that didn't even get a Wii 3rd string developer made title like Street Fighter, although you could argue TvC is suppose to be our substitute.

What's most insulting? They expect these games to not only do as well as the core games but better. Wii gamers might get treated like stupid consumers, but luckily sales figures shows the exact opposite, they are not falling for these inferior games.

You're calling RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, or the other remakes "shovelware"? Oh please. And the other games aren't shovelware, they're just bad.

Anyway, on the game, I've heard it's pretty mediocre. Crappy translation and a worse battle system than the original Symphonia. But that's only what I've heard, I haven't played it. Tales games don't interest me.

Ryushi-Kun

Trophies
XP
Country
PS: Hopefully I can undub this one too. We'll see~
[/quote]

Go ahead lol I really want to play this game with Japanese voices without having to do anything to my wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    C64 had some great demos.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: C64 had some great demos.