Wii #1494 - Metroid Prime: Trilogy (USA)

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please explain the ALT-DOL?

There are two choices for an Alt-DOL DISC or SD Card. Im using USB Loder and when I set to eith it says a file is missing.

Where do we get these alt/dols?? Or is everyone burining it to a dvd and playing it off the HD with the DVD installed? (seems redundant)

Im also told you need to manually switch the DOL each time you run the game for each different game!??

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Azadar said:
Can someone please explain the ALT-DOL?

There are two choices for an Alt-DOL DISC or SD Card. Im using USB Loder and when I set to eith it says a file is missing.

Where do we get these alt/dols?? Or is everyone burining it to a dvd and playing it off the HD with the DVD installed? (seems redundant)

Im also told you need to manually switch the DOL each time you run the game for each different game!??

Pic "Altol from disc", as the prevoious guys stated...IF that doesn work, extrac the player.dol with wiiscrubber, and try putting on your SD card's root.. Yet I didnt try myself , though..my hands are scratching ...

D

Deleted-119707

what cios would it work on? hermes or waninkokos?
i dont understand hermes cios merging and stuff XD.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I loaded wii-scrubber but it doesnt allow you to view the contents of the iso it just removes blank spaces. Im sorry for the stupid questions but can someone please explain or is there a few files on the net for these dols?

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azadar said:
I loaded wii-scrubber but it doesnt allow you to view the contents of the iso it just removes blank spaces. Im sorry for the stupid questions but can someone please explain or is there a few files on the net for these dols?

there should've been a file that came with it that is called makekeybin.exe that will generate the proper file that you need to use wiiscrubber.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Oh dude, 7.6 GB minimum....
I'll never be able to download this game with my crappy internet....
Well compressed as in rar it would be 3.95 but same here if it was 7.6gb.

dslabuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is how to use alt dol with this game.
I use configurable usb loader
Select the game hit 1 for options
Scroll down to Alternative Dol and change it to disc
press A after a second it will take you to a screen where you can select which dol you want to boot.
rs5mp1_p.dol is prime 1
rs5mp2_p.dol is prime 2
rs5mp3_p.dol is prime 3
Then press A and it will boot directly to that game.
You probably have to launch the game normaly once to create a save game before you use the alt dols

Yuuko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about waiting for the PAL release ?
rolleyes.gif

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dslabuser said:
press A after a second it will take you to a screen where you can select which dol you want to boot.
rs5mp1_p.dol is prime 1
rs5mp2_p.dol is prime 2
rs5mp3_p.dol is prime 3
You probably have to launch the game normaly once to create a save game before you use the alt dols

two questions #1 where did you get these DOL files from? Path for them in wiiscrubber? As I only managed to find in Partation 1 (Main.dol)

#2. I found some dol's around google and installed them to the root and to USB Loaders root- Set to ALT-DOL SD and it says missing M3XXX.dol stupid or somethinf like that it was lokoing for a file that isnt named rs5 anything.

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this game even 480p? because with Neogamma I can only get it to work with 480i. selecting mpal480p and ntsc480p still gives me 480i, pal480p and Wii setting reboots the system.

dslabuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Azadar said:
dslabuser said:
rs5mp1_p.dol is prime 1
rs5mp2_p.dol is prime 2
rs5mp3_p.dol is prime 3

two questions #1 where did you get these DOL files from? Path for them in wiiscrubber? As I only managed to find in Partation 1 (Main.dol)

#2. I found some dol's around google and installed them to the root and to USB Loaders root- Set to ALT-DOL SD and it says missing M3XXX.dol stupid or somethinf like that it was lokoing for a file that isnt named rs5 anything.

The dols are actualy on the disc. So when you change alternative dol to disc it looks in the iso on the harddrive.

D

Deleted-119707

its a bit annoying having to choose a .dol to play different games in this...

schloegi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Working for me on a pal wii with 4.1 and usb loader gx in 480p.
just select alternate dol from disc in the game load settings and then one line under it select which dol to boot, save and you're ready to go.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dslabuser said:
Azadar said:
dslabuser said:
rs5mp1_p.dol is prime 1
rs5mp2_p.dol is prime 2
rs5mp3_p.dol is prime 3

The dols are actualy on the disc. So when you change alternative dol to disc it looks in the iso on the harddrive.

Ok I get it now, however when I select any of the DOL's I get the message to insert Metroid Prime Trilogy Game Disc. How do I fix that one?

Using customized usbloader and GX loader.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I have a wii mod chip and its soft modded 4.0 firmware USA Wii. Do I just burn the game on a Verbatim DL disk and play through the disc channel..sorry if this question has already been asked but I just want to be sure before I burn the game.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get it possibly working. I tried alt dol from disc, I tried the SD method, but all I get is a black screen.... And yea, I had made a previous save w/o dols. =\

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game plays beautifully. It's so nice to have MP1&2 with excellent Wii controls and in 480p(the Gamecube versions do not look the greatest on an HDTV).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For wut