Hacking Question Wich one it's safer NSP or XCI (Install SX OS 1.4)

Unrealjuanka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everybody, till today I have been playing with Team Xecuter SX Pro (now OS ver. 1.4) using XCI files (without installation)
But now I would like to update some games and install some DLC.
Using CDNSP in a computer I had download some updates and DLC easily. But I have some questions:
  1. It's safer (against BAN) to use XCI files than install NSP files with SX OS?
  2. If I use NSP files to install fully games (not updates or DLC), how can I later unistall it?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Here is what I think. Now let's say that we are nintendo. We are looking for people who pirate our games. Now let's see you use the nsp format. Nintendo can easily see that you did not buy the game and then ban you the secound you go online on any legit or non legit game. Now let's say you use the Xci format. All Nintendo can see is that you played some cartridge games offline. Making it much harder for them other ban you.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok. Here is what I think. Now let's say that we are nintendo. We are looking for people who pirate our games. Now let's see you use the nsp format. Nintendo can easily see that you did not buy the game and then ban you the secound you go online on any legit or non legit game. Now let's say you use the Xci format. All Nintendo can see is that you played some cartridge games offline. Making it much harder for them other ban you.
A cartridge game with the same certificate as hundreds of other people's cartridge games...

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering you aren't stupid enough to go online with a downloaded xci, it's like inserting a cart, and it's just one file on your SD. NSPs are way more invasive.
Then again if you aren't going online at all, who cares. Choose whatever is more convenient for you. I would hate the fact I have to uninstall and install games all the time instead of just swapping xci files. Now when they come out with a 1TB SD I would go with nsp.

What happens if your SD dies. You are gonna have to install all those NSP again. Weak.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

chrisisx

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Been using XCI only since Day 1 of sx pro (got mine on the 3rd day of sx release) and so far no ban yet. I even updated my XCI games from official firmware. No plan to install NSP as i think people is getting banned more frequently due to that. I only played offline games in XCI as well and making sure my switch is on airplane mode while in CFW. Hope this helps.

Reactions: GNice22

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, till today I have been playing with Team Xecuter SX Pro (now OS ver. 1.4) using XCI files (without installation)
But now I would like to update some games and install some DLC.
Using CDNSP in a computer I had download some updates and DLC easily. But I have some questions:
  1. It's safer (against BAN) to use XCI files than install NSP files with SX OS?
  2. If I use NSP files to install fully games (not updates or DLC), how can I later unistall it?

Please take this with a grain of salt, as I am still very new to this all and cannot answer the question based on my own personal experiences.

But I’ve asked a similar question before, and got a few responses from people claiming that they use XCI and have yet to be banned. Some even said they go online a lot and have not been banned over a fairly long period of time.

Just remember that this does not mean that all is safe with XCI. Some people can seemingly do all sorts of things and avoid the hammer. Yet I’ve heard of others who get banned almost instantly for various reasons.

JupiterJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please take this with a grain of salt, as I am still very new to this all and cannot answer the question based on my own personal experiences.

But I’ve asked a similar question before, and got a few responses from people claiming that they use XCI and have yet to be banned. Some even said they go online a lot and have not been banned over a fairly long period of time.

Just remember that this does not mean that all is safe with XCI. Some people can seemingly do all sorts of things and avoid the hammer. Yet I’ve heard of others who get banned almost instantly for various reasons.
If you want online, buy your games. Period. Full stop. Why even dick around with this shit?

Otherwise do whatever. Banning hardly matters. NSPs are convenient. Pirate everything.

Reactions: gutoblauth

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xci definitely safer. Make sure you are offline while using SX OS. When you want to go online, take out your SD card and reboot console to normal OS (Horizon) first. The games you've played on SX OS that needed an update will get their updates automatically.

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want online, buy your games. Period. Full stop. Why even dick around with this shit?

Otherwise do whatever. Banning hardly matters. NSPs are convenient. Pirate everything.

Not sure why you quoted me, I was simply relaying to the OP what others have told me about XCI files. He asked which was safer, and while nothing is safe, a lot of people’s expereinces with XCI seem to lend that they are safer to avoid a ban.

I don’t disagree though - if you won’t be playing online then the ban really won’t matter much. But I think one reason that people want to do their best to avoid a ban is because it’s nice to have the option to revert back to OFW with a clean account should they ever want to.

JupiterJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you quoted me, I was simply relaying to the OP what others have told me about XCI files. He asked which was safer, and while nothing is safe, a lot of people’s expereinces with XCI seem to lend that they are safer to avoid a ban.

I don’t disagree though - if you won’t be playing online then the ban really won’t matter much. But I think one reason that people want to do their best to avoid a ban is because it’s nice to have the option to revert back to OFW with a clean account should they ever want to.

I didn't quote you for any reason, I just hit the last "post reply" on the page and typed a post.

JupiterJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please explain to me how they are more convenient than an xci. Facts please, not opinion.

Oh shit, it's an internet tough guy. I'm allowed to post my opinions on the internet, or hadn't you heard? I didn't realize posting a clear opinion was going to start YET ANOTHER stupid ass XCI vs NSP debate. You'd think this was the new console war, except it is infinitely more dumb because no one stands to gain in any way by which format people choose, at all.

But if you want facts, internet tough guy, here they are:

NSPs are permanently installed and don't require swapping in and out with the virtual cartridge menu. Please don't respond with something like "omg u r so lazy it only takes 5 seconds to swap". NSPs take 0 seconds, because you don't have to swap them. More convenient.

NSPs (for now?) can be downloaded crazy fast via CDNSP. This is more convenient than finding an XCI release out on the googles. Is finding an XCI hard? Not really. Do some people not mind doing that instead? Probably. CDNSP is still more convenient. It is literally a list of all available games, and you click which one you want and say "download" and you have the game now. If you have freeshopnx, it is even easier. It is literally as easy as using the existing eshop. Click -> play, no more steps needed. CDNSP also downloads straight from nintendo so it is CRAZY fast - it maxes out my 250 mbit connection, so most games download in a minute or two. That isn't directly connected to convenience, but having to wait less time to download the game is an "indirect" convenience.

NSPs must be installed first. Perhaps you would prefer to do a swap before every game instead of a one-time install. More power to you, if that is what you want. Doing something one time (nsp install) is more convenient than doing something more than one time (xci swap). NSP installs take some time (a minute or so?). That is an indirect "convenience" for XCIs. You may spend less time waiting over the course of your life if you choose XCI, if you compare multiple swaps vs a single install. I change which game I'm playing CONSTANTLY, 5-10 times a day, more if you count my kids, so XCI swapping becomes extremely inconvenient for my family.

XCIs have their benefits, especially if you want to avoid a ban. But, facts only, NSPs are more CONVENIENT. I don't care about a ban, and I see 0 benefits to XCI. I have converted my entire collection to NSP. It took very little time or effort to do so.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I guess he doesn’t have sx os, that’s why he said nsp..

I do have SX OS. Installing an NSP on SX OS is a 4 click affair (R, R, A, A). Then I just open the game whenever I want to just like I would do with a game I bought, without ever having to open the album again. SX OS is the exact reason I switched to NSPs. I've never touched devmenu or tinfoil and don't plan to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This time I'm intentionally quoting you, lol. I tried to be clear that my recommendation was for people who don't care about being banned. I have a second switch that has never connected to a nintendo account. If you don't want to be banned, USE XCI. You might still get banned, but seriously, if you want to go online and don't want a chance of banning, NSPs are a bad bad bad idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh