Gaming why would any one here care about the 10 free nes games

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
59672 said:
Thesolcity said:
You know, I was all shitting rainbows happy until I heard early adopters are getting free games. Not I'm not sure if I want to buy early or late.
unsure.gif

Why don't you just do this? Go to a store with a price guarantee. Buy the 3ds before august 12th, then as soon as the price drops go to the store for the price guarantee, since they guarantee the price for so many days. One of my friends is at a local best buy (it might have been future shop), they have a 14 day price guarantee so he gets the 20 games and he will get the $70 off after the 12th. You might want to check to see if any stores near you offer such a thing because they should.

Negatory, the only thing close is a Gamestop and Walmart. There is a best buy by the mall but its a 2 hour bus ride there. -_- I dont think its worth it if its not guaranteed, I never played any of the games on the list so far anyway.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
yuyuyup said:
Midna said:
yuyuyup said:
Scumtendo giving the middle finger to early adopter pirates. Well played.
Do you think before you plunk out bullshit on your keyboard?

Based on Wii Virtual Console prices, NES games are likely to be $5 each. GBA games, $8 to $10. You get ten of each, and they're all really stellar hit titles, especially the GBA ones.

10 x $5 = $50
10 x $8 = $80

They're giving you $130-$150 worth of free games for buying before the $80 price drop. As a pirate, you may not care but the vast, vast majority of the people in the Ambassador's program are going to see this as a huge bonus. Word is the NES games at least are even multiplayer enabled.

Maybe you would have prefered nothing at all from Nintendo,but I'm pretty sure this is a hell of a lot better.
Only an idiot would pay $5 for an NES rom. I'm not sure if you understood my post, I'm saying Nintendo bilked early adopters out of big money only to fork over some lame roms.

Do you think that the money spent on a ROM would go to the original programmers or something ? ? ? What's the point in paying for that shit ? ? ? ?
So you're part of the tiny minority who pirates games or even knows what a ROM is. Your view on Nintendo's policies with gamers in general is therefore invalid in this situation.

And for the record, it seems to be more than just a ROM. As I said they have local wireless multiplayer capabilities. Try getting your ROMs to do that on a portable system.

And $5 for a game like SMB3 or Kirby's Adventure? If I was a normal gamer, I'd totally do that. You act like NES games aren't worth having.

Also,
>Implying that Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and WarioWare are "lame"

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WELL sir, NINTENDO GIVES US FREE games as compensation!

They are lowering the price and we bought their product in the early days. A dutch proverb says(literal translation) You must never look in a gifted horse his mouth. Which means be happy with the gift and don't whine about it!
wink.gif

Sir, yes I may sound crazy with my Dutch proverbs but NES games instead off nothing.. hmmm easy decision

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
I'm not saying the games are lame. I'm saying the they are ANCIENT games I've already played. To foist them upon me as some "gift," it's like someone handing me a jar of air.
zelda-ocarina-of-time-all-empty-bottles-guide-screenshot-small.jpg
But Empty Bottles are so useful! They can hold Blue Potions or fairies for when you die-

Oh wait, wrong subject.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
yuyuyup said:
I'm not saying the games are lame. I'm saying the they are ANCIENT games I've already played. To foist them upon me as some "gift," it's like someone handing me a jar of air.
-snip-
But Empty Bottles are so useful! They can hold Blue Potions or fairies for when you die-

Oh wait, wrong subject.
But you're right, speaking metaphorically and literally, an empty bottle is useful.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rather a legit version of the game than homebrew emulation since Nintendo can do it better than a homebrew emulator. Plus it would look nice to have all of them extra blocks on my home screen taken up. And sometime when these games become non exclusive to ambassadors they're getting multiplayer support through wireless.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 reasons, I only have an original cyclods and I want to plat the NES games on my 3ds
And from the looks of it they are some of the better NES games

And ya know their free and official

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Well, maybe because they don't want to pirate if they're getting it for free?

And not everyone here is a pirate in the first place.
The first reply in the thread is the best response that could be posted to the question.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Slyakin said:
Well, maybe because they don't want to pirate if they're getting it for free?

And not everyone here is a pirate in the first place.
The first reply in the thread is the best response that could be posted to the question.

Agreed.

I'm glad I bought my 3DS early now, I haven't played a legit NES game I haven't own in ages.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
1. BETTER QUALITY emulation, the screensize on the 3DS is better suited to emulate the NES than any other Nintendo handheld.
2. The games will be stored on your system, meaning you don't have to carry your warranty voiding flash cart everywhere with you.
3. GBA games (must be included in the same argument as they are part of the same 'gift') Can not be properly or 'acceptably' emulated on a slot-1 flash cart. Yes I know, DSTwo etc. However there is frame skip and lag in some games.
4. If you don't accept them for free, you're stupid.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
yuyuyup said:
zelda-ocarina-of-time-all-empty-bottles-guide-screenshot-small.jpg
Ignoring the fact that the empty bottle is the best item in all of Zelda, i looks like Nintendo is "giving the finger" to you. Just you, not early adopters in general.

D

Deleted-236924

yuyuyup said:
I'm not saying the games are lame. I'm saying the they are ANCIENT games I've already played.
Those games are "ancient" games that I have already played before,
And guess what?
I would gladly play them again.

QUOTE(omgpwn666 @ Jul 30 2011, 11:44 AM) I rather a legit version of the game than homebrew emulation since Nintendo can do it better than a homebrew emulator.
But can they really?
If Sega couldn't, can Nintendo do it?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
An interesting point is that unlike previous emulated releases on portable systems, this will actually feature multiplayer connectivity when the NES games go commercial.

I think the NES classics for the GBA also supported using a link-cable actually, but I'm not sure.

_elf_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
johnboyjr said:
why not just use nesds? Nintendo has not said if the nes games are going to be in 3d or not. they did say the games would be updated latter so maybe they will be in 2d 1st then 3d latter

Because i don't use a flash cart in my 3DS;
Because it is official;
Because it is free;
Because at least they give something to the loyal fans that give the full price;
Because it will allow multiplayer (i think i heard it somewhere
unsure.gif
don't know..correct me if wrong).

Don't complain for something that is free
lecture.gif

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I know I will not play most of those games, but I am glad Nintendo is doing this ambassador program. I will atleast try some, might actually finish one or very few. I think I will prefer watch the update over time and see how this ends up lol.

There is one thing I think that Nintendo is missing here, it should partner-deals with 3rd party dev and offer 3rd party NES and GBA games.

Pip'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: